Chapter 7: Jack Daniels

I put on an all white leather skirt and a white V neck tank top. I had on bright pink lipstick that matched my nails and I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, thinking of how Vince's signature look was all white. Heather had called earlier and said she was going to the Rainbow early with Tommy so I should just meet her there. Those two had really hit it off, they'd seen each other every day and whenever they were together they couldn't keep their hands off each other.

I walked out of my apartment and down the strip, which was already filling up with tons of people. My mind drifted off to what might be in store for me tonight. I hoped that Vince would be in store for me. All night long preferably, but didn't want to get my hopes up. It is his own show, there's gonna be tons of other girls begging for his attention. I can't be upset if he leaves with one of them instead... but he invited me, so that's gotta mean something right?

I walked into the Rainbow and saw the band setting up. Heather waved me over and I went to join her and Tommy. She wrapped me in a huge hug and I could tell she'd already been drinking. Tommy held out his fist and I bumped mine against his.

"You chicks enjoy the show," He said as he hopped up on stage. He knelt down, tilted up Heather's chin and kissed her once. She smiled up at him and watched him walk all the way back to his drum kit and sit down. I rolled my eyes at their disgusting honeymoon phase and turned around to head to the bar. Right as I did, I bumped into someone behind me, who grabbed my arms to keep me stable as we collided.

"Whoa there, how much have you had to drink?" Vince laughed. He looked so hot in a cut up tee shirt and bandana around his neck that I found myself momentarily speechless and struggling for a witty comeback.

"Not enough," I smiled back. "I'm headed to the bar now, but I'll be back. Front row remember?" I said referencing our phone call from earlier.

"Glad you could make it," he said as he slid his arms away from mine and turned to walk onto the stage.

I tried to shake the butterflies I had just gotten as I walked over to the bar and ordered shots for Heather and I. Girls were already starting to fill the area in front of the stage when I walked back and I had to shove my way to where Heather was standing. Just as we threw back our shots, Motley exploded into their first song, Too Fast For Love.

I was captivated by Vince as he ran across the stage, shaking his hips and wailing into the microphone. His voice was so raw you couldn't help but move to it. I looked over at Heather who was making googly eyes at Tommy and giggling every time their eyes met. Barf, I thought to myself.

As I looked back, I saw Vince walking over to the part of the stage directly in front of me. He bent down, looked me dead in the eyes and sang:

Dream machine
So damn cool she can turn on the night

He gave me a wink before standing back up and shooting across to the other end of the stage.

When the song finished, Nikki suddenly walked over to his amp and grabbed three fifths of Jack he had stashed behind it. He ran over to the mic and yelled into it, "Y'all motherfuckers think we can finish all of these before the sets over?" The crowd roared with excitement and Nikki handed the bottles over to Vince, Tommy and Mick. They cracked them open, turned them completely upside down and started chugging. I mentally gagged, thinking of how horrid that would be. After a few seconds, they set down their bottles, all still about 2/3 of the way full, and continued on with their next song.

After about half an hour they had finished playing and sure enough, the boys' Jack bottles were empty. They had all seemed to be stumbling around the stage slightly, but Vince sang all of his lyrics without messing up so I thought that must mean he was okay. I walked back over to the bar to grab another drink and wait for them to finish packing up.

I sat down and ordered a beer when a familiar voice plopped down on the stool beside me and started talking. It was none other than Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome, from last night.

"You slipped out on me this morning," he said with a smile. Oh god, I thought, I was really hoping to never see him again.

"Haha yeah well, I'm a lot more keen on the one night stand part as opposed to the morning after part," I replied awkwardly.

We exchanged small talk for a few minutes, when someone tapped me on the shoulder and I spun around on my stool to face them. Before I could even process who it was, they put their hand behind my ear, pulled me to their face and crashed their lips into mine. I knew immediately, both from the great technique and intense taste of Jack, that it was Vince.

"Hey I was fucking talking to her!" Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome yelled.

Vince broke his lips away from mine and turned to face him. "Yeah w-well conversations over buddy, she was waiting on, on- me and now I'm here," he slurred. I had never seen Vince this drunk. He was trying to stand up straight and puff his chest out at this guy, but was wobbling around the whole time.

I shot up out of my chair and grabbed Vince's arm, "let's get you home," I whispered into his ear trying to lead him away from the bar.

He reluctantly walked with me, but not before turning around and yelling, "j-just because I wear lipstick doesn't mean I won-won't kick your ass dude!"

I laughed as I half led, half dragged him out of the bar. Once we got outside, he draped his arm over my shoulder and I tried my best to support as much of his weight as I could. He was a lot taller than me and the fact that he could hardly even put one foot in front of the other wasn't helping.

"So this is what happens when you drink an entire fifth of Jack," I laughed as we stumbled back to his apartment.

"Yeah, maybe not my best idea," he said, dragging out each word. "Or should I say, Nikki's idea."

"Well let's get you into bed before you get into anymore fights," I told him as we were about to walk into his apartment building. Suddenly, he spun around and tried to walk back in the direction we had just come from.

"Vince, where the hell do you think you're going?" I said, struggling to direct him into the building.

"To kick that guy b-back at the bar's ass. He's the one you left w-with the other night and I didn't like the way he was looking at you," he stammered, still trying to wriggle out of my arms and back towards the Rainbow.

I let out a belly laugh and pushed him through the doorway. "I don't think you're kicking anybody's ass in this condition sweetheart," I said sarcastically before we finally stumbled into his apartment. He walked straight to his bedroom and collapsed onto the bed, face first. I started to turn around to leave, when Vince attempted to prop himself up a little to look at me- his eyes only half open.

"Wait... stay," He said, half muffled into his pillow as he sank back down.

"Vince, I'm not staying. You need to sleep and you're gonna be feeling pretty sorry in the morning, you don't want me here for that." I replied honestly.

"I do want you here though... I do," He said slowly as he eyes began to flutter shut.

I waited a few seconds to make sure he was actually asleep before walking into his kitchen and filling up a glass with water. I set it on his bedside table and started to walk out.

"Goodnight Vince," I said as I turned off the lights, walked out of the door and headed back to my apartment.