Chapter 12: Leading Lady

We spent the entire night partying, popping champagne and dancing. At every bar we bounced between Nikki would stand up on a bar stool and shout "WE'RE MOTLEY FUCKING CRUE AND WE JUST GOT A MOTHER FUCKING RECORD DEAL" and the entire bar would erupt with cheers. The boys ended the night at the Tropicana with Heather and I heading back home after making them promise to look but not touch.

Heather decided she was too plastered to try and get home herself so she just crashed at my place. When we got home we went straight to the kitchen and started chowing down on whatever food we could find. We drunkenly talked about what would happen if the boys got offered a tour, what that would mean for our relationships and how motherfucking much it would suck. When the sun started to creep in through the windows we realized we better give it a rest and go to sleep. We agreed that the best thing to do in our situation was to just completely ignore it. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Until then, we were planning on just enjoying the ride.

I woke up the next afternoon with a splitting headache. Fuck me I thought to myself as I shielded my eyes from the light that was flooding my room. I sat up in bed and tried to rub my temples to alleviate the pain. I slowly crept out of my room to see if Heather was still here, but the couch was empty. The covers were folded neatly and sat on top of the pillow she had used. Such a Heather thing to do.

I went to the kitchen to make myself a glass of water when the phone rang. I grabbed the receiver and sighed while trying to decide if I had enough energy to answer and have a full fledged conversation with someone.

"... Hello?" I mumbled into the phone hoarsely.

"Geez, are you alive?" Vince laughed back, sounding as lively as ever.

"How on earth are you not hungover right now?" I asked genuinely confused at why I always seemed to be suffering the morning after consequences but Vince never did.

"High tolerance baby... and a little bump of coke." He admitted.

I rolled my eyes even though I knew he couldn't see and he continued talking.

"Look, I called you for a reason. I was walking down the strip to your apartment and I pass a magazine stand and whose face do I see staring back at me?" He paused for some added suspense.

"My. Fucking. Girl. That's who! Congrats baby!"

My jaw dropped. I felt my headache instantly subside and my brain clouded with the words he had just said. I heard them, but I couldn't even process what they meant.

"No way..." I said in disbelief.

"I was so fucking excited I ran all the way to Clark Street just to find a pay phone to call you. I'm gonna go back and buy one and bring it over." He said giddily.

"Eeeeeeeeek!!" Was the only noise I could manage to get out of my throat. I was so in shock that all I could do was squeal into the phone.

"Hahaha see you in a minute, supermodel." He laughed. I was sure that if I could've seen him, he would've ended his sentence with a wink. Even when he was all riled up he still managed to be smooth.

I hung up the phone and started jumping up and down covering my mouth to contain any scream that I wanted to let escape. Holy shit it was finally happening! I made the fucking cover. This is gonna change everything. Company's are gonna start calling and asking for me instead of me sending in photos and begging for a shot. Holy fucking shit!

I stopped thinking about myself for a second and thought about the butterflies I had in my stomach. Vince had seen it first and was ecstatic. I could've melted at the way he said "my girl." Ugh. And-