Chapter 65: Temper (Vince POV)

Vince's POV:

"Vince," I said, sticking my hand out to shake his.

I know it took a lot for Heidi to put everything aside and be friendly with me, so I wanted to try and do the same for her... As much as I already absolutely hated this guy, I was gonna try and put it aside for Heidi.

But then, this motherfucker takes one look down at my hand, then back up at me and doesn't move a muscle. Just completely leaves my hand hanging in the air and continues to give me some kinda death stare like he was gonna scare me or something?

I clenched my jaw and dropped my hand, flexing my fingers a few times to keep my fists from balling up.

Stay calm, stay calm.... I tried to tell myself to keep from ripping his head off.

"Well, we better go check in with Jani. I'll see you guys around!" Heidi said with a smile, grabbing a hold of Chase's arm and dragging him away from all of us.

"Who the hell does that little punk think he is?" Nikki said to all of us once they were far enough away.

"For once Vince, I can say you acted more mature than someone else in the room!" Heather said with a laugh.

"For Once? I think I've got that covered anytime Tommy's in the room with me." I said back, causing everyone to laugh as we walked our way through the crowd and towards the upstairs bar.

Everyone was laughing and joking, but I couldn't shake the mix of emotions I was feelings...

On one hand, Heidi looked as beautiful as I'd remembered. I hadn't seen her since that day in the hospital. Even then, she looked incredible with no make up and an old tee shirt... but tonight? She was all dolled up and in a tight little outfit... Gahdamn, it hurt me to think I wouldn't be the one taking it off her later...

And honestly, I was kind of shocked at how nice she'd been to me? I mean she hugged me? Don't get me wrong, I was more than happy to have her arms wrapped around me, even for a second... I was just a little confused as to why? Maybe she felt sorry for me after seeing how much of an ass I made of myself the other day on MTV. I cringed a little thinking about it, the embarrassment of that whole situation still stinging a bit. Maybe she didn't even see that, I said to myself hopefully.

And then on the other hand, along with all those feelings... I had the extreme urge to beat the shit of that guy for trying to act harder than me in front of her. And seeing her grab ahold of his hand? I wanted to take my fist and shove it so far down his throa-

"Vince?" Tommy called from a few feet away and broke me out of my thoughts. Thank God he did, because I could feel myself getting warmer with anger by the second.

"What'll it be?" He said, nodding his head towards the bar in front of him.

"Uhh... Jack and coke." I said, figuring I'd need liquor instead of beer to get me through this night.

We spent some time talking with people we knew upstairs before we headed back downstairs to watch Warrant perform. As we were coming down the stairs, I was looking out at the sea of people that were already crowding the floor... and then I saw her.... and him.

He was leaned over the bar, kissing her... and his hand slid up her thigh and then under her dress. She broke apart from him and slammed her hand on top of his to stop it...

I felt the same warmth of anger start spreading through my body. I watched them talking as we continued to make our way down the stairs and I thought that once I got down there I'd march right over to him and tell him to fuck off. How dare he? Obviously she didn't want him to act like that... she'd stopped his hand and now they were talking, I bet she's fussing him out. She definitely needs my help... I've gotta get to her, I thought, trying to pick up my speed.