Chapter 63: Chase Meets Vince

I hobbled over to the kitchen, one heel on and one off, and grabbed the phone that'd been ringing.

"Hello?" I asked, confused at who might be calling.

"Are you ready yet??" Chase asked into the phone hurriedly.

"Umm...." I stalled as I made eye contact with myself in the living room mirror. I hadn't taken half the rollers out of my hair and I was still trying to decide which shoes looked best with my outfit.

"Almost!" I said optimistically.

"Heidi, your 'almost' means another thirty minutes. I've gotta get to the party, just meet me there." He said with a slightly annoyed tone before hanging up.

I hung the phone up and glared at it with a smug expression for a second...

He's just stressed, he's the one hosting this huge party for Warrant and he wants everything to go good, I told myself, trying to keep from getting mad with him. I walked back into my closet, opting for the shorter pair of heels now that I'd be walking to the Roxy instead of Chase driving me.

After I'd finished getting ready, I figured I'd call Heather and try for one last ditch effort to get a ride... the Roxy was on the other end of the strip, not as close as the Whiskey or the Rainbow and my feet were already hurting thinking about how long the walk would be.

"Hey, Heather!! Do you think you and Tommy could come pick me up before you head to the Roxy??" I asked hopefully.

"Umm... Actually... I-I don't think you wanna ride with us. I'll just see you there, okay?" Heather said as she mumbled a goodbye and then hung up.

What the fuck? I thought, staring down at the phone with furrowed brows. Maybe her and Tommy were fighting or something? Who knows...

. . .

After what felt like ages, I finally made it to the Roxy. I stumbled in and headed straight to the bar. I needed a tequila shot stat, it was the only thing that was gonna numb my already aching feet.

I skimmed the crowd of people, looking for Chase. The building was already packed and I was bubbling with excitement at how good the party seemed to be going already.

I glanced out of the windows at the front bar and saw Tommy and Heather getting out of a limo. I started to walk toward the entrance, figuring I'd go talk to them until I could find Chase... but froze in place when I saw what happened next.

....Nikki piled out of the limo behind Tommy, a bottle of Jack in hand and sunglasses on even though it was 11 o'clock at night.

....Then Mick, behind Nikki, with a top hat and all black suit. With platform boots that made him almost as tall as Nikki.

And then....

Vince.

My breathe caught in my throat. I felt my heart start to race and my excitement instantly turned to nerves. Of course Vince would be here, he's friends with Jani... I thought, kicking myself for not thinking of this earlier.

Even though I was anxious, I felt some sort of calmness too... I felt like everything around me had stopped, the noises... all the people... it was like him and I were the only two people around as I stood frozen, watching him through the glass.

It almost seemed like I was watching it happen in slow motion... he'd gotten out of the limo, shut the door, and flattened out his white leather suit. I noticed how the neon signs by the door cast a glow over his tan skin and blonde hair. Damn why does he look so good, I thought to myself. It was the first time I'd seen him in person since leaving the hospital that-

"Hey Baby!!" Chase said from behind me, causing me to jump. Suddenly, all the noises from inside the bar came flooding back in and I noticed all of the people around me... like I'd been snapped out of whatever trance I'd been in.

He spun me around, lifted me up off my feet into a hug and then leaned in for a kiss as he put me down. I instinctively pulled away after a few seconds... I-I don't know why... I definitely didn't care if Vince saw us, I thought, trying to convince myself.

Or... maybe I felt bad kissing Chase after that weird moment I'd just had when I saw Vince again?

I don't know... I felt such a mix of emotions that I didn't even process Chase looking down at me with his brows furrowed.

"Heids, don't be mad at me. I'm sorry I didn't come pick you up, okay? I had to be here on time to talk to the bartenders and make sure the food was here and stuff... Forgive me?" He said, poking his bottom lip out, pulling me into him and bending down to be closer to my face.

"Alright, alright. Get me a tequila sunrise and we'll call it even," I said jokingly, breathing out a sigh of relief that he'd assumed I was acting weird because of what happened earlier.

He shot me a smile before heading off to the bar. I didn't even have time to figure out what my next move was before I heard Heather call out my name from behind me. My heart started pounding before I even turned around, but when I did I calmed down a little...

The spot where we were standing was packed full of people, so I saw Heather and Tommy and what I thought must be Nikki's black hair behind Tommy, walking up to me in a single file line, trying to cut through the people.

"Hey sorry, about earlier. It's just that-" Heather started to yell into my ear over the noise as we embraced in a hug.

"I know, it's fine." I said quickly, before letting her go and moving to give Tommy a hug. I wanted to tell them hey and then run over to the bar, because I did NOT want Nikki and Chase meeting... who knows what the hell would come out of Nikki's mouth.

Tommy engulfed me in a hug, and then we shuffled around each other so that I could get to Nikki, who was still standing behind him. We exchanged hellos and "long-time-no-sees" before I gave him a big hug. I expected to turn back around and head to the bar, but Nikki slid past me the same way that Tommy had... to reveal Vince standing directly behind him...

He was the shortest of the two, so I hadn't seen him behind everyone else and I had no time to prepare myself or process what to do.

"Hey Heidi," he said smoothly and I felt my whole body get warm just from hearing him say my name. He shot me a little smile and before I knew it I had thrown my arms around his neck and was giving him a hug too. I mean I'd hugged Tommy and Nikki... it would've been weird not to hug him... right?

"Hey! How are you?" I said excitedly. Trying to fake like this was normal. I knew we hadn't ended things on the best terms in the hospital that day, but the boys were off tour now and I'd probably be seeing Vince around every now and then. I figured it'd be easier to just be friendly than to avoid each other at all costs... so might as well start tonight.

"I'm... I'm good," Vince said, his gaze suddenly moving from my eyes, to over my shoulder. I noticed he kinda tensed up a bit, so I turned around to see what he was looking at...

It was Chase. Holding two drinks in his hand, standing beside Heather and looking at me and Vince with a cocked eyebrow.

"Oh! Uh... Vince, this is Chase." I said with a smile, praying to God that things wouldn't go south. I'd been stressing about getting back to the bar so that Nikki wouldn't be meeting Chase and now here he was standing in front of Tommy, Nikki AND Vince??? I didn't just need the tequila drink in his hand, I needed a whole fucking Xanax.

"Chase," he said back, glaring at Vince and not cracking a smile whatsoever.

"Her boyfriend," He added, before handing me the drink he'd gotten me... still staring Vince dead in the eye.