Chapter 105: Back for Good (Vince POV)

Vince's POV

For whatever reason, Tommy'd wanted me to come over to his house before we all met up at the studio. I figured he must wanna do some blow together in the car on the way over or something. Ever since Nikki had started dating Bobbi, he'd gotten more serious about the whole drug thing. He started making us all go sober when we were recording, but none of us really took it serious except for him.

I walked in and Tommy pulled me inside, launching into conversation... seems like he'd already done a line or two by the way he was acting? So why the hell did he want me to-

What... what the fuck? I thought as something caught my eye and I looked over his shoulder.

My eyebrows furrowed and I had to blink a few times, cocking my head to the side curiously as we stared at each other... I-I couldn't believe it.

....Is that?

"Oh yeah, look who's here-"

"Heidi??" I asked in shock, starting to walk over toward where she was sitting on the couch.

It felt so weird to actually see her again? After everything we'd been through I didn't know if I was happy to see her... or angry. I was more shocked than anything.

"How long you back for?" I asked genuinely curious, but it came out a little more emotionless than I meant it to.

"Um... for good. I'm staying here until I can find a place to move in to." She said awkwardly.

"Oh. Nice." I said, thinking of how the last time she was in LA she was living with me...

I looked over at Tommy, shooting him a death stare. Why the hell would he invite me over here if he knew she was here?

"I'm glad I got you two here. Before we head to the studio I wanted to ask you guys something." Tommy said, clapping a hand on my shoulder and looking between us excitedly.

If this is some kind of plot to get us back together I'm literally gonna kill him...

"So you know we're making that documentary, right? We've got our interviews and we've got the tour footage, but I think it's missing something... What if we did like miniature music videos for each song on the album and threw those in there with the tour footage. Not whole videos, but maybe like thirty second clips. Just to add something our own, every fucking band has the tour videos and the interviews but we always have the coolest music videos, thanks to Nikki. Why not make a bunch of shorter ones and throw 'em in?" Tommy said, giving us his whole pitch as he talked rapidly, waving his hands around in the air to emphasize his point... Yep, that was at least a bump and a half of coke talking.

I saw Heidi glance over at me out of the corner of my eye, but I held my gaze to Tommy. Confused about what this had to do with her...

"Our deadline for the footage is in like three weeks, we can't hire someone in time.... and Heather's filming Dynasty all the time there's no way she could do it." Tommy said, looking over at her hopefully. Suddenly, it clicked what he was getting at.

"Heids, you'd be perfect. You've already been in a video, people love you! We'd get so many more views if you were in it." Tommy said, a huge grin spread across his face.

"Oh, uh-" She started to say, before I interrupted.

"What about Bobbi, she can't do it?" I said, looking over at Tommy. I could see. Heidi's face fall a little, but I ignored it. 

"She does stuff with Playboy... she's got some tight ass contract, she can't be in anything not their brand." Tommy said, evident that he'd already asked her.

I nodded my head in understanding and then looked over at Heidi, waiting for my answer. I mean, I can't say I really wanted to have to work with her, but Tommy kinda had a point... We would get more views if she was in it.

Heidi started to ask about Nikki and Bobbi, I wasn't really in the conversation so my thoughts started to wander...

So she was back in LA? For good?

And this is how I had to find out? I don't know, I just always thought if she came back that she'd at least tell me or come to see me or something.

Whatever, I guess that was the last thing I should expect from her considering how she'd handled everything in the first place...

I guess I kinda felt like she owed me an apology? But who knows, maybe she wasn't even sorry... did she even regret it? Maybe she thought it was a good decision, maybe she's more happy now...

"Nikki married? Now that seems insane." Heidi said as I zoned back into the conversation for a second.

My eyes dropped to the floor when I realized what they were talking about...

It'd been a shitty fucking year to say the least. Tommy and Heather were as happy as ever, Tommy'd even said they were talking about maybe having a kid?? As crazy as that fucking sounds.

And Nikki, he was fucking head over heels for Bobbi. She had him wrapped around her finger, but I couldn't blame him. She was like Nikki, but in girl form... with blonde hair and a nice ass. Of course he'd wanna be with her all the time.

But now everything had changed. Every time we went out, I was like the odd man out. They all had each other and I was the fifth wheel. They'd leave early and then I'd be left alone to fend for myself. I mean, it wasn't all bad. Sure, I'd taken home girl after girl... but that shit was getting old quick.

The thought of Nikki proposing had made me think back to the night after Heidi had left...

I remember reading the note she'd left on the counter, explaining everything and telling me to call Heather. Of course I freaked the fuck out. I didn't believe it, I thought something had happened to her again... but no, Heather said she'd taken her to the airport, that she was fine... she just... left.

I was so pissed, I'd stormed out of my apartment and just started walking. I don't know where I'd ended up... but I'd come to an overpass and I stopped to look at the skyline. I reached into my pocket and felt the little ring box that been in there for the last few weeks, waiting for the right time.

I pulled it out and felt myself getting angrier and angrier until finally I reared my hand back and threw it over the bridge as hard as I could...

"So... will you do it Heids?" Tommy pleaded and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh... sure. I don't have a job right now, so might as well." She said.

Great, I just found out she was back in town and now I'm about to have to spend the next week working with her... thanks Tommy.

"Let's go to the studio before Nikki gets on us for being late." I said, turning on my heels and walking toward the door.

"Good to see you, Heidi." I said blankly from over my shoulder, without turning around. It wasn't a lie... it was good to see her. I felt a sense of relief knowing she was alright.... but damn, if I wasn't still hurt.