Chapter 64: Temper

"Vince," He said, sticking his hand out to shake Chase's.

I was shocked at how cordial Vince was acting. I thought for sure this was about to turn into a WWE match or something...

But then, to make things worse, Chase didn't extend his hand back... He stayed still with the the same pissed off expression, staring Vince down and not saying anything. Leaving Vince's hand hanging in the air.

I saw the muscle in Vince's jaw clench as his hand dropped back down by his side and knew I needed to separate them immediately.

"Well, we better go check in with Jani. I'll see you guys around!" I said with a fake smile, grabbing a hold of Chase's arm and dragging him away from everyone.

"What the hell was that??" I said to Chase once we were far enough away.

"I need a drink," he said back blankly, breaking loose from my grip and starting in the direction of the bar.

"Chase? What's your problem?" I asked, following behind him and trying to yell over the music into his ear.

"Two tequila shots," He said hurriedly to the bartender as he tipped up the drink he'd had in his hand and then slammed the empty cup on the counter.

"Chase!" I yelled again, getting more and more annoyed that he was ignoring me.

"Not exactly what I wanted to see tonight, Heidi! You and him all buddy-buddy out of no where?" He said back without even looking at me. He'd spit out the word "him" with such a disgusted tone, like he couldn't even say Vince's name.

"I'm just being friendly, Chase. I didn't wanna cause a scene at your party." I said back sternly.

He didn't say anything back, but instead picked up one of the shots and threw it back. I started to reach for the second shot, thankful that he'd ordered me one. God knows I needed it...

But before I could reach around him to grab it, he picked it up and threw it back too. I could feel myself getting more and more angry with him as he flagged down the bartender and ordered himself a vodka tonic.

"I didn't want a scene with him and I don't want one with you either." I said back, signaling that I wasn't about to argue with him right now. Before he could even say anything back, I turned around and walked away.

I headed for the bathroom, trying to figure out what the hell I was gonna do now... I couldn't really hang out with Heather, she was surrounded by all of Motley. And now I was avoiding Chase...

I walked into the bathroom and bumped into the person walking out.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I said, laughing a little as we gripped onto one another to keep from falling over. I'd said anything before having time to actually figure out who it was, but when I looked up and saw blonde hair, I realized it was Bobbi... Jani's girlfriend or latest fling or whatever you wanted to call her.

"Hey girl! How's your night going?" She asked. We'd seen each other around a few times when Jani and Chase were hanging out. She seemed really nice and even though we weren't close, she was my only option at the moment...

"Actually, I'm looking for somebody to share a shot with!" I said enthusiastically, to which her face lit up.

Before she could say anything back, I followed up.

"Chase is pissing me off and Heather's here with Tommy... and Vince." I said back, trying to get across to her that I was alone here and needed a friend.

"Oh girl... I got you." She said back, grabbing my hand and dragging us over to the bar.

. . .