Part 35: Festival Day 2

Heidi's POV

I sat on the edge of the curb still, shaking with anger. I couldn't believe I'd been out here for so long. I'd gone up to the guard four or five times and asked him to go get someone and he'd told me to fuck off every time. I was also sitting on the curb beside seven other girls who'd claimed to be Tommy's girlfriend, Nikki's girlfriend and even a few other of Vince's "girlfriends" so I knew that there was no way I was getting in without some help.

I was furious to say the least. I could feel tears of frustration welling up in my eyes as I thought that maybe I'd miss the boys show and have to sit out here for even longer. Where the fuck was Heather? Or Vince or anybody?

I felt an arm wrap across my shoulder and looked up to see the girl sitting to my right attempting to console me.

"It's okay, don't cry. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you're following them around, they'll be in Mississippi next week. Just try again then!" She said as she rubbed my back.

I didn't know whether to be pissed at her for being part of the reason why I was stuck out here, or to be thankful that she was trying to be nice to me.

"But.... but I'm actually Vince's girlfriend." I sniffled through frustrated tears.

"Oh honey, aren't we all?" She said as she squeezed my arm.

Ughhhh I grunted and stood up from the curb, walking over to the security guard again.

"You again? Aww look, she's crying. Not used to not getting your way, Princess?" He laughed as I approached him.

I stopped in my tracks, knowing that it wasn't going to do any good and started to turn back around when all of a sudden, I heard loud footsteps coming from the hallway just beyond the entrance.

"You!" I heard a familiar voice yell and relief washed over me. It was Vince.

He walked up to the security guard and got right in his face. Yelling and bumping his chest into the guard.

"Where the fuck... no, no, no why the fuck, would you not let Heidi Mark into this venue. She's a fucking supermodel and my fucking girlfriend you dumbass!" Vince yelled, pushing the guard and puffing up his chest. He had his back to me and I watched with a smile on my face as the security guards eyes flickered from mine and then back to Vince.

"I-I- I didn't know. She was with Heather Locklear and I had never seen her before. She didn't have a pass, you have to have a-" he started, before Vince immediately started yelling over him.

"Oh so you let Heather Locklear in without a pass, huh? You let some pretty blonde you've seen on TV in before, but not my girl?! Have you ever cracked open Vogue? How 'bout Calvin Klein? Tommy Hilfiger? I think the fuck not! She's twice as beautiful as Heather fucking Locklear, how dare you not let her in!" He ranted on and I decided that the security guard had had enough. With a smirk on my face I began to walk over to them both just as Vince began another tirade.

"If a hair on her head is touched, I will personally-" Vince started, before I placed a hand on his shoulder and he swiveled his head around.

When his eyes met mine, the tension in his shoulder dropped and his face softened instantly.

"Heidi," he breathed as he pulled me in for a hug. He pulled away and grabbed my face in his hands.

"I'm so sorry, I was in rehearsal. I didn't even realize you didn't have your pass." He said quickly, his words running together.

"It's okay, I'm fine. Nobody messed with me, I'm alright, Vince. I promise," I said smiling up at him.

He let out a sigh of relief and slung his arm over my shoulder. "Come on let's go, we go on stage in ten minutes." He said before turning to bitch the guard out one last time.

I looked over my shoulder and gave a huge smile to the guard who looked like he might've shit his pants after Vince chewed him out like that. I glanced over at the other "girlfriends" who had all stood up from the curb to watch the whole thing go down.

The girl who tried to comfort me was standing with her jaw almost at the floor as she watched me walk away with Vince.

———————————————————————————

We walked down the winding hallway and back to the dressing room where Heather immediately wrapped me in a hug.

"Heidi! I'm so sorry, I thought you were already with Vince! I feel horrible!" She said as she squeezed me.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. I'm here now," I said smiling up at Vince.

"Come on Love Birds, it's showtime." Nikki said, picking up his bass in one hand and a bottle of Jack in the other as he walked towards the door.

We all filed out into the hallways and headed for the stage. We could hear the roaring of the crowd as whatever band was playing started to finish up.

As we all stood waiting backstage, I turned to Vince and leaned up on my tiptoes to give him a kiss. He grabbed a hold of my bottom lip with his teeth before pulling away with a smirk. He leaned down beside my ear and nodded his head to a closet door just to our right.

"I wish I could take you in there right now and-" he started to whisper before someone shouted 'Motley Crue, you're up! Go! Go! Go!' from behind us.

Vince grunted a little and lingered in front of my face for a second, pulling me in for one last kiss.

"Vince, GO!" Someone shouted and I pulled away from him and motioned toward the stage. He smiled and gave me a wink before running out and causing the crowd to erupt into shrieks and squeals.

I walked over to Heather, who had her eyes glued to Tommy already. I glanced over from Tommy to Vince who had just hopped onto a speaker and was swinging his microphone around as he sang. I was so captivated that I almost jumped a mile out of my skin when someone standing behind me tapped on my shoulder.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Doc said as I turned around holding a hand over my heart.

"I wanted to apologize for earlier, I told a different security guard to go handle it and I guess he never did." Doc said, sounding rather genuine.

"No worries, it's fine." I said as I started to turn back around to watch the concert.

"Oh and I found this when I was sorting through their fan mail, it's addressed to you." Doc said reaching into his pocket and handing me an envelope.

"Thanks," I muttered as I grabbed it from him and turned back around. I ripped it open and I immediately felt weak in the knees.

There, on the note, was that same familiar handwriting from back in LA. And it read:

'I can't wait to see you again, I think about it every day.'

I coughed a little as my breath caught in my throat, causing Heather to look over at me.

"What's that?" She asked as I slammed the note shut.

"Oh... uh.... it's-it's nothing," I said, balling it up into my shaking hands and shoving it into my pocket.