Chapter 111: All For Nothing

Heidi's POV

Wren and I'd gotten to the party a little late and had spent most of our time drinking champagne in the corner and joking back and forth.

Wren had been the perfect gentleman, he looked incredible and he'd kept me laughing all night. I'd only really invited him so that I wouldn't be alone, or forced to third wheel with Tommy and Heather, but I was actually having a great time.

I looked over his shoulder for a second, in search of another champagne glass, when I saw a familiar blonde head standing just a few people away.

"Bobbi!!! Hey! I haven't seen you since I've been back!" I shouted as I grabbed Wren's hand and pulled him in her direction.

"Heids, hey!! You look stunning! I've missed you, god we have so much to catch up on!" Bobbie squealed as we engulfed each other into a hug. It wasn't until she left me go that I looked around and noticed Vince standing directly beside us both.

"You keeping Nikki out of trouble?" I asked jokingly, trying to act as casual as possible even though I was a little stunned to see Vince... with a girl hanging off his arm.

I figured I couldn't just ignore them completely, so I turned to him and faked a smile. My eyes connected with his before floating over to the girl beside him and then back to him, waiting for an introduction.

"Oh yeah, Heidi this is Piper. Piper, Heidi." He said, gesturing back and forth between the two of us.

"Hey, I'm Piper!! Nice to meet you. I'm Vince's... uh.. date-" She said, sticking out her hand just as Vince spoke up to interrupt her.

"Girlfriend!" He interjected and my breath caught in my throat. I felt my smile fall and my eyes widen for a split second before I caught myself and regained my composure.

"She's my girlfriend." Vince said again with a smile as I tried my hardest to look unphased.

"Um... uh... this... this is Wre-" I stuttered out, realizing Wren was still standing beside me awkwardly.

"Yeah I know who he is. He tried to act in our shoot." Vince said, putting extra emphasis on the word to try and insult him.

Oh fuck... I thought to myself, looking up at Wren to see how he'd respond.

"Tried?" He asked, taking a step forward and squaring his shoulders. Oh. Fuck. I thought again.

"Yeah, tried. I've seen better acting on-" Vince started, but I jumped in before things escalated any further.

"Okayyyy! Let's go Wren." I said in an annoyed tone, grabbing his arm and shooting Vince a pissed off look.

I pulled Wren back in the direction we'd came from. He seemed like he wanted to stand his ground at first, but after a little tug he reluctantly followed behind me. I was thankful he'd let it go, so I let my hand slide down from his bicep to his hand and then interlocked my fingers between his.

I saw him look down at me, the anger in his face fading as he started to smile.

"I'm sorry about that-" I started to say before he put his free hand up to stop me.