Chapter 107: Last Song

Heidi's POV

"Alright, everyone! Last song, let's knock this out so you brats can get out of here!" The director yelled as I walked behind the screen to change outfits.

Once I came out he'd motioned Wren and I over and started bombarding us with what we were supposed to do next.

"Okay, so the last song is You're All I Need. This one's angry, it's aggressive. So listen up engineer boy," He said, turning to Wren.

"Camera's mainly on you. You're going crazy, you're upset, you're wild. You're punching the walls and slamming shit around, really get into it." He said, before turning back to me.

"And Heidi, you're gonna come in at the end. You're just gonna be sitting on the couch, minding your business. Newbie here is gonna storm in and spook you, okay? Act real scared, cameras gonna zoom in on your face and then we're gonna cut scene and that's a wrap. Got it??" He sped out quickly, his eye twitching slightly from the few bumps of coke I'd seen him do already.

I walked off toward the set and noticed the director grab a hold of Wren's arm and lean in to tell him something. I ignored them both and took my place on the couch, trying my hardest to look casual as I waited for everyone else to get ready.

The music started and I waited, pretending to flip through a magazine nonchalantly until I heard the door behind me bust open.

I stood up, whipping my head around in mock fear as Wren bounded toward me. He grabbed a hold of my shoulder and then shoved me toward the back wall of the set. I gasped a little as my back collided with the wall and then suddenly felt my breath catch as something cold touched my throat.

Wren had one arm holding my shoulder to the wall and another up to my neck, I glanced down and saw something shiny and silver resting in his hand...

A... a knife?

I felt my knees go weak and my vision start to blur as memories flashed through my brain and sent a horrified shiver through my entire body...

. . .

"It's okay Heidi, we're almost out of city limits. As soon as we are, I'll put the knife down. I just need to make sure you don't try anything stupid with all these people around... I don't know if you're actually knocked out right now or just pretending." I remembered him saying to me in the car after he'd taken me from my apartment.

I'd drifted in and out of consciousness the entire drive to that house he'd kept me in, never really being able to make anything out... except for the fact that his left hand was on the steering wheel and the other was holding a knife, hovering a few inches away from my chest.

And then instantly, I was transported into another memory... this time it was the two of us, struggling on the floor of the bedroom after I'd tried to escape... I could still see it perfectly, the exact image was burned into my brain.

I looked down and saw his hand clasped around something shiny and silver, he slowly pulled it out and I realized it was covered in blood... my blood. It was the mirror shard and he... he'd stabbed me with it. I could practically feel the scar on my stomach burning and throbbing in pain...

. . .

My ears were ringing and my heart was pounding out of my chest as I slammed my eyes shut, pulling myself out of the memories.

"Stop!!!" I screamed, shoving Wren's hand away as I felt tears brimming in my eyes.

Wren shot back a few feet, throwing his hands up in the air innocently and looking back at me with a mixture of worry and confusion.