Chapter 23: Ben & Jerry's

The first thing I'd done when I entered my room was strip my dress off and put on Vince's Black Sabbath shirt that he'd given me way back when. I'd tried to go to sleep for hours, but couldn't get my mind to stop racing so I decided to go full break up mode. I was sitting in bed eating chocolate Ben and Jerry's straight from the pint and sniffling in between bites. I even tried to call Heather a few times, but she didn't answer. I was sure she was either still at the Whisky or at Tommy's, which made me even more sad thinking about how much fun she was probably having compared to what I was doing.

Just as I'd put the lid on my half empty ice cream tub, I heard a noise coming from my front door. What the fuck? I thought as I glanced over to my clock and saw that it was 4am.

I slowly climbed out of bed and walked out of my room. Once I'd gotten into the kitchen, I realized that the noise was someone knocking on the door.

My heart skipped a beat as I opened the door and saw Vince standing on the other side looking downcast. His eyes traveled from mine, down to what I had on and I tugged at the end of my shirt, trying to cover my legs since I only had a thong on underneath.

"I hope you didn't come for this?" I said jokingly, gesturing to his shirt.

"No that's yours, it looks way better on you anyways." He said after chuckling a few times.

We stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds before he pushed past me inside and shut the door behind him.

"I couldn't sleep, I got up to take a walk and somehow I just ended up walking here..." he said all in one breath.

I took a step towards him, but then caught myself before I got any closer.

"Look, I'm pissed off at you!" He shouted.

"At me? I'm trying to do you a favor!" I shouted back with wide eyes.

"Well stop doing me favors, let me make my own decisions... have I given you a reason not to trust me or something?" He yelled, walking away from me and into the kitchen, putting his elbows on the counter and his head into his hands.

"Vince, this isn't about me trusting you. Of course I trust you. You've been great to me. I just don't want you to resent me for not being able to have fun on t-" I started, but he cut me off, turning back around and walking over to me.

"I have fun now and we're together! Why wouldn't I be able to have fun there?" He said throwing his arms up into the air.

"I-I don't know, I just didn't want to tie you down I guess..." I said trailing off and staring down at the floor.

Vince's mood softened and he closed the space between us, putting his hands around my cheeks and lifting my face up to look at his.

"You said this tour was a dream come true, but you're a dream come true. This is a dream come true." He said quietly. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, looking over his shoulder. He grabbed my chin this time and turned my face towards his again.

"Stop being so stubborn and listen to me. This is a dream. You're smart and down to earth. You're fun to be around. You love to party, but you like to do your own thing too... which means I can go to the strip club every now and then." He said smiling and causing me to giggle.

"And on top of that you're drop dead gorgeous..." he said, pressing his body closer to mine.

"I mean, those green eyes..." he said as he took a step forward, causing me to take a step back.

"And that smile..." he said, his hands falling from my face and tracing the sides of my body. He walked us another step back, leaning closer to my face with each step.