Chapter 67: Just Friends

Heidi's POV:

I was jolted awake by the sound of my phone ringing from beside my bed.

Ughhhh.... I groaned, as I slammed a pillow over my head, trying to block out the sound and the light. My head my pounding and it only got worse when I heard my answering machine pick up and someone's voice start to fill the room.

"Heidi? Heidi, please pick up. I'm so sorry, I feel horrible. Can you at least let me know you made it home okay?" Chase said through the voicemail.

I thought for a second about answering it... but honestly, I didn't feel like talking to him. I still hadn't hade time to actually think about everything that'd happened, so I just rolled over, with the pillow still on top of my head, and fell back asleep.

. . .

I jolted out of bed again, this time by a loud knock on my front door. I groaned and grabbed my head, peaking at my alarm clock. Shit, it was 2pm...

I got out of bed slowly as the knocks on my door continued, getting more aggressive as time passed. I figured it was Heather, come to make sure I was alive... I think maybe we had some wedding planning stuff to do toda-

"Chase?" I said out loud, as I swung the door open to reveal Chase standing in the hallway with a big bouquet of red roses.

"Heidi, look. You gotta listen to me," He said as he walked passed me and into my apartment.

I stood at the door, still staring into the hallway for a second trying to process everything. I slowly shut the door and turned around to look at him, trying to hide my hungover face and put on my best pissed off face.

He smiled at me sheepishly and I cocked one eyebrow up, as if to say 'well?' while I waited for him to start talking.

"Heidi, I'm so sorry. I- I don't know what came over me. I just drank too much and then Vin-" He stopped himself mid-sentence, glancing at the floor for a second and clenching his jaw.

"He just makes me so mad. Knowing what he did to you... how he hurt you. I can't even stand to look at him." Chase said, trying to deflect my anger away from him and toward Vince.

"How about how you hurt me, Chase?" I said, lifting up my arm to reveal a light bruise from where he'd grabbed me and pulled me out of the bar.

"Heidi... I- I'm sorry. I drank too much, I didn't realize my own strength. I forget how fragile you are, I would've never intentionally-"

He started to walk forward, towards me and when he did I automatically took a step back. He paused, shocked a little? Or maybe upset, I don't know.

"Heidi? W-What are you doing? It's me?" He said, like that was supposed to make it better or something?

"If you'd never intentionally do that, then why'd I end up on the floor last night, Chase?" I spat out, putting air quotes over his words and sounding as bitchy as I could possibly muster up.

"What? Heidi, you fell?" He said back, taking another step closer to me.

I looked back at him with a confused look, not saying anything...

"You had on four inch heels and you were drunk as hell... I turned around and you fell over, Heidi?" He said with a slightly annoyed tone.