IV. dangerous

"dream," a voice says in the tunnel.

-----------------------------

"eret?" dream asks moving towards the doorway.

"yeah its me, am i too earl-" eret pauses at the sight of me.

"hello eret." i say sticking my hand in the air with a slight smile and put my hand back into my back pocket.

eret tries to act as if he isn't a traitor and acts like he was sent to look for me. "wilbur just told me to come look for you because of how long you took."

"eret, its okay, i saw you and dream talking the other night no need to lie." i say putting a hand on his shoulder putting on a sweet smile.

"you did?" eret questions.

"yeah i did, i won't say anything though. i know how much you want to stay in l'manberg." i say as i sit down on a box that's placed on the floor. i cross my legs and rest my head in my hand that is gently pressed onto my knee.

"oh you're- you're staying?" dream says while scratching the back of his head.

"i mean yeah i told wilbur i was getting arrows and that takes a bit, is that a problem?" i said tilting my head a little forward and raising an eyebrow at him.

"no- i mean yes, yes it is. you aren't supposed to be here in the first place, you should go." dream says turning around walking towards the table surrounded by the book shelves and sits, eret follows behind.

"okay fine," i walk towards him, put both of my hands on each shoulder and whisper in his ear, "but you know i'll see you again." i pat him on the shoulders say bye to eret and walk out discretely.

----------------------

turns out i've been out quite a long time. the sun had been going down and in my hands i hold 2 stacks of arrows, i had taken off of dreams person while he was sitting.

i get back to l'manberg and push my back against the gate to get it open. i turn around to see everyone standing in a line, including eret.

"hellooo," i say confused, "whats going on?"

"where have you been?" wilbur says crossing his arms, obviously mad.

"getting arrows like i said i would." i say more confused before.

"is that all?" wilbur questions.

"yes i swear, why?" i kept questioning.

"you had us so worried, its been 6 and a half hours. we thought something had happened to you." tubbo exclaims.

"i'm sorry, i didn't realize i took that long, but i got arrows." i say holding out the 2 stacks in my hands, part of me was glad that they didn't figure out where i actually was, but part of me hated lying. would you believe me if i told you i never lied to them in my life?

-----------------------

its now the next day around 7 am, i was told to go out and retrieve something from tommys house.

i got to his house pulled out the key struggling to unlock the door. "you need help?" a voice asks behind me.

i turn around and see dream, "no i got it thanks," i say opening the door, "why are you talking to me? what do you want?"

"i don't want anything, why can't we just talk?" he says.

"because l'manberg and the smp don't just 'talk'." i say looking through tommys stuff looking for more string.

"ok fine, what if i wanted to talk to you about something specific?" dream says playing with his fingers and looking around.

"and whats this something?" i say going down into another part of the house, dream following close behind me.

"what if i told you that i have some kind of feelings for you." he says walking down the stairs.

i freeze in my tracks and turn around sharply. "you what? we only met about two days ago." i state in shock.

"well yeah, but when we were fighting i guess it kinda sparked." he says rolling his head.

i continue towards the other rooms with boxes in them and continue looking, "ok, well then what if i told you i felt the same?" i say sticking my hand in the box and picking up my head and look over my shoulder.

i find the string, stand up and push dream out of the way to get through the door, he jogs to catch up with me, "wait are you being serious?"

"as serious as i could ever be." i say as i look up at him. i continue walking fast, until he grabs my arm and turns me around.

we look at each other, eyes shifting from each others lips to our eyes. he grabs my face and kisses me.

we stood there for about a minute, until i realized how risky this was, i pulled away quickly, closed my eyes, my mouth and finally, i pulled my hands up fast to cover my face. "no, no this can't happen," i say pointing between us, "this is dangerous."

i start to walking up the stairs, when he rushes in front of me, "we've already crossed the line now we can't stop."

"are we playing it safe if its dangerous?" i say giving him a sad look, "no. we can't risk it, i'm sorry." i push past him and wait for him to walk out the door for me to lock it. we look at each other, give a slight smile and walk away.

did it hurt? a little bit. was it the right thing to do? it was only thing that we could've done.

--------------------------

i walk back into l'manberg closing the gate behind me. i drop off the string at fundys house and i walk back to mine.

i sat on my bed, and stared at the picture on my wall, it was me, wilbur, tommy, tubbo, fundy and eret. if i didn't say anything there, i would've ruined this beautiful friendship i have.

you know what i can't think about my feelings, or anything to do with him right now.

--------------------------------------

its now three days before the war. dream and i haven't spoken, i haven't gone out to get anything i always made an excuse not to because i was afraid.

we've been stressed out all week, figuring out the right potions, tools, weapons, enchantments, everything you could possibly think of.

"y/n, we have a problem." fundy says with concern in his voice.