XIX. the start of trouble.

this might get confusing, so i'll try my best to make it make sense!

y/n's pov

"bye sap." i say waving bye to him as he walks down the opposite path.

"bye love you." he says waving bye.

yes, sapnap and i have been becoming close friends like i have been with everyone.

"y/nnnnnn." a voice says.

"hey sapnap did you say something?" i ask.

"um no, why?" he asks turning around.

"i just thought i heard something." i say with a quick smile.

"oh well i didn't say anything." he responds.

i nod and continue walking, "y/nnnnnn." they say again.

"niki did you call me?" i ask as she walks by.

"no, i didn't." she responds.

"oh ok." i say confused walking.

"oh come on now, y/n." they say.

"foolish are you talking to me?" i ask pointing at him.

"no i didn't even say anything, are you okay?" he asks.

"yeah. yeah i'm fine. sorry to bother have a good night." i respond with a head nod.

"no worries, you too." he says walking away.

"it's obvious no one is talking to you but me." they say with a chuckle.

i run into the nearest building and lock the door, "ok who are you?" i say in an angry whisper.

"i'm you." they say popping up leaning against a wall.

it is me except it's dream, "but you look and sound like dream." i confusingly say.

"well, i have your features but i'm his alter ego." he responds pushing himself off the wall.

"ok wait what do you want from me?" i ask.

"well," he says walking towards me looking down, "you lied."

"whoa, whoa what do you mean i lied?" i say backing up.

"you lied to dream and you lied to everyone else." he says.

"i never lied." i respond.

"there you go again, another lie." he says with a chuckle.

"please enlighten me." i say with a sassy tone.

"well first off you lied to everyone about your little "break up" with dream." he explains.

"ok how?" i say.

"well, you told puffy, sapnap, george, tommy, jack, ponk and everyone else that you broke up with him," he says crossing his arms, "but when you visited him, you kissed him and told him that you wanted to be with him."

"i never did that you're just trying to get in my head." i respond rolling my eyes.

"i'm not, it really happened you just don't remember," he responds, "plus thats what dream wanted, so he- well i took control of your mind, but please tell me-."

"y/n?" ranboo says storming into the backdoor of the building.

"hm? uhm, yeah?" i say in panic.

"can i talk to you? it's important," he says holding the door open, "like now."

"uh yeah sure." i say walking out.

"so have you had more interactions with you know." he says quietly.

"uh yeah, yeah i did. why, have you?" i ask turning my head towards him.

"yeah i did, at least i think i did." he says.

"what happened?" i ask finding a bench and sitting on it.

"he was a hallucination. i hallucinated into the prison." he responds sitting.

"how do you know?" i ask.

"because sam was not acting like you, or tommy said he was. he was less serious and more upbeat." he responds.

"i mean that could mean anything." i say.

"but wait, i got into the main cell and dream kept referring to himself in the third person. he showed me the books he wrote and they were the exact same as my memory book." he says holding up his book.

"wait how do you remember all of this?" i ask.

"i honestly don't know." he responds looking out in front of us.

we sat in silence for a few minutes, "i thought you said you got rid of the voice?" i ask.

"yeah i thought i did too, i guess not. we might be in more trouble than before." he says leaning on his knees and looking at me.

"we're fucked." i respond.