XXII. exile.

third person

"sam i'm ready to go now!!" tommy yells for the 5th time.

"tommy he's not here. he probably went to go take care of the tnt problem." dream says with a smile.

"phil!" tommy yells for phil but he knows no one can hear him but the one person who left him traumatized from exile. now he's stuck with him, stuck with him for 7 days.

"come on, it's only 7 days we could have fun together like we used to like when we were best friends." dream says placing a hand on his shoulder.

"y/n!" tommy yells looking at dream.

"you think she'll save you? please," dream says with a laugh, "looks like we're roommates for a week, what's first?"

--------------------

y/n's pov

"hey tub- whoa." i say backing up as he swings around holding a big nuke.

"oh hey y/n." he says dropping it.

"don't just drop it." i say pointing at it.

"don't worry it's fine," he says flicking his wrist and putting his hands on his hips out of breath, "what's up?"

"i just wanted to know if you know where tommy is?" i say looking at the big object on the ground and then back at tubbo.

"no i actually haven't spoke to him ever since jack and niki tried to kill him so." he says with a little shoulder shrug.

i bob my head to the side, "seems fair, do you know who might know where he is?"

"um probably phil or sam. you could just ask around." he says picking it up.

"ok i will thanks, don't hurt yourself.... please." i say walking away after i give him a side hug.

------------------------

i walked over to phil and techno's place of residency. it was so fucking cold that i had to put my hood on and walk straight into phil's house.

"y/n?" he asks.

"oh hey dad." i say.

"did you just- whatever what's up?" he asks crossing his arms.

"have you heard from tommy?" i ask, "he's not home and he hasn't been answering my calls."

"calls?" he asks.

"oh yeah i got a phone cool, right?" i say with a smile.

"mhm sure. i saw him this morning. he said something about wanting to get closure like you did." he says handing me a mug.

"wait really? how far is the prison from here?" i ask taking the mug.

"not that far why?" he asks.

"he's at the prison right now talking to dream. he's going there to cut all ties with him and that'll be the end of tommy and dream. this is tommy's last time seeing dream." i say putting the mug down.

"oh that's why he said no more green boy." phil says having a realization moment.

"what do you mean? it seems pretty obvious. why didn't you stop him?" i say.

"y/n, come on let the boy be. if he wanted to get closure, let him. you can't be acting mom for him, you know that," phil says facing the wall, "he's almost 17."

"i know that, but the timing just seems off. i have to go find sam." i say walking out and running to the prison.

-------------------

tommy's pov

i sat in front of the long iron bars with my legs crossed and my arms leaning on my legs hoping that i'll magically be out of here.

boom.

i flinched, "hey bud we've been hearing that all night and this is the 100th time you flinched." dream says laying on his bed tossing a ball in the air and then catching it.

i rolled my eyes and pushed myself against the wall.

"oh the silent treatment, okay let's see how long this lasts." he says rolling over so that he's sitting up.

"put your things in the hole tommy." dream says. boom

boom

"i know you know what's going on out there." i say looking straight ahead.

"funny thing is, is that i really don't know what's happening out there." he says crossing his arms.

"you probably planned it." i say.

"how could i have planned it? i'm stuck in here." he says putting his hands up.

i look towards the bars with my arms crossed and tilt my head down. i had so much hope that this was the last time i would see dream, the last time i would speak to him. i jinxed myself. next time tommy don't get your hopes up.

i got up and walked over to the desk and grabbed a letter titled 'dandelions.'

"see this?" i say holding up the letter from y/n.

"what the hell? that's mine." dream says reaching for it.

i stuck my arm between two bars threatening to drop it into the void, "you're the one who said that we're roommates, so it's ours now."

"technically it's mine because it's a personal item." he says.

"actually, it's not addressed towards you at the moment is it? but if we were to open it," i say opening the envelope, "we would see who's it is right? that's not my point, here's the thing in exile you took all of my stuff and put it in a hole and destroyed it. my most prized possession forever gone. is this letter your most prized possession?"

"maybe, yes." he says with a nod.

"so it would be fair if i dropped it into the void right?" i ask as i let go of the paper and it glides all the way down.

"what hell tommy?" he says pushing me out of the way and looking through the bars.

i lean against the wall holding a piece of paper with one foot pressed against the wall.

"come on man, you really think i would do that? i'm not that cold. i know how much hearing from her makes you feel better that's why you have everything to do with her in a specific drawer. guess what? you're basically in exile right now, but you can have people visit you. you made it so no one can come to me." i cry.

he stood there with nothing to say.

"you're basically living the life i wanted and i hoped for in exile. i never got an apology for putting me through hell every. single. fucking. day. i would get new materials, hole. i wanted to see my friends, nope. the only person who came to see me was you, but that was only to take my stuff and my sanity. i don't want to be locked in here with someone who could care less about everyone and who only cares about power." i say throwing the letter at him and then sitting against the wall.

"you're right. i put you through hell." he says looking at the letter.

---------------------------------

y/n's pov

"sam?!" i yell walking towards the prison.

boom

"y/n stay over there." he yells back.

"why whats going on?" i say looking at the huge explosions and sam trying to stop it.

"huge security issue, loads of tnt, have to keep tommy inside, either someone tried to get dream out or someone just really wanted to keep tommy in there." he explains.

"will tommy be okay?" i ask biting my nails and walking over to him as the tnt stops.

"yes he's a strong kid." he responds