IX. election

today's the day..... the day the numbers are announced.
—————————-
we made our way to l'manberg early and sat on seats on the podium. 

"so if it's our last day here, i just want you guys to know that i'm very thankful that you guys let me in with open arms." i say looking straight ahead and then look into my lap. 

"hey don't be so down," wilbur says putting his hand on my knee, "it won't be your last day here i just know it." 

tommy wraps an arm me and shakes me. 

"thank you guys." i say and hug them. 

after another hour of sitting there we are talking to the other parties and i see dream walking past the gates. 

"sorry i'll just be right back." i say holding a finger up and running down the stairs and out of the gates.

"hey wait up." i say catching up to him. 

he turns around and stops in his place, "oh hey." 

"are you okay? you seem off." i ask.

"yeah yeah i'm fine, i was actually on my way to you. i didn't think you were here already." he says putting his hands in his pockets.

"yeah we got here early because we didn't know what was going to happen so we just got all sentimental." i say with a smile.

he smiles back, "you'll be fine i promise." he pulls me into a hug and kisses my head. "you should get back, looks like it's about to start." he says patting my shoulder.

"yeah i should, bye, love you." i say walking back. did i just- did i just say 'love you'

----------------------

dreams pov
did she just- did she just say 'love you' 

"love you too." i say as shes farther away.

i should've told her, i should've told her the truth on why i was going to see her. 

y/n's pov
"hey i'm back." i say to wilbur.

"what took you so long?" he asks.

"oh i was just um grabbing something." 

he nods and looks ahead. 

i walk up to the podium and stand at the mic, i look through the crowd for any familiar faces, and i see dreams in the back. 

"ok um hi," i say clearing my throat, "today i have the numbers for the presidential election."
i grab the piece of paper that's in my back pocket and unravel it. 

"with 9% of the votes, we have coconut2020," i say followed by claps, "with 16% of the votes, we have schlatt2020," i clear my throat and get ready to say the rest, "with 30% of the votes we have swag2020," i take a deep inhale, "and with the majority of the votes with 45% we have pog2020!"
tommy and wilbur get excited and jump around.

"don't get all excited," i say looking at them, "when i was coming back from seeing dream one night, i heard two males talking and one of them was quackity and the other schlatt." 

i heard a bunch of gasps coming from the audience, mostly from the exposure to the thought of me seeing dream. "they didn't see me, but you want to know what they said?" i say with a little chuckle, "they said 'who ever wins your party or my party we will pool the votes,'" i say, "i don't know when they were going to inform wilbur about this but it appears they never did, so i'm sorry to break the news but," i pause, "schlatt2020 with swag2020 votes received a total of 46% of the votes. congratulations schlatt2020." i say clapping sadly.

they come up to the mic and do their speeches. george never showed up.
————————-
they finished their speeches and suddenly i'm called up, "y/n please come up here." 

i walk up and stand there, "what." i say annoyed.

"how would you feel if i asked you to be our secretary of state?" schlatt asks. 

"uh i would say n-" i was merely interrupted by schlatt. 

"she said yes." he says while grabbing my arm and throwing it in the air. 

i pull my arm quickly, "what the hell i didn't even get to finish my sentence." 

schlatt grabs my arm and pulls me close, "you will be our secretary of state because you outed us in front of everyone." he whispers. 

i nod and pull my arm away.
——————————
i walk down the steps to be greeted by dream, wilbur and tommy. 

"what's going on?" tommy asks. 

"looks like i'm their secretary of state." i say pushing out of the way and walking towards one of the buildings. 

"y/n why?" wilbur asks running up to me. 

"i don't have a choice, but i do have a plan." i say and wave tommy over. 

"so don't worry i will be your personal spy, "i say looking at both of them, "i told you guys i would be with you through everything. " 

they nod and the mic turns back on.

"we have decided my first order as president, my first order is to remove wilbur soot and tommyinnit from all grounds l'manberg and we now name l'manberg, manberg." schlatt yells through the mic. 

"what guys?!" i turn around and they're already running with punz, sapnap and the other members chase after them attempting to shoot them with arrows.
oh god this isn't going to be good, is it? 

*A/N
again all over the place sorry! and chapter 10 will be the last chapter unless i decide otherwise! and i'm trying my best to keep tubbo and schlatt out bc they get uncomfortable with fanfiction so yeah!