XXX. welcome back, wilbur.

"no you can't-- how did you even get in here?" sam says.

"c'mon sam, i'm back and just want to talk to my hero." the voice says.

the person starting walking across to the other side because there were loud shoes hitting the stone bridge.

"hey dream." the voice says.

"wilbur..," dream says hesitantly, "um i thought-- i thought you died."

"wilbur?!" i say confused.

dream nudges the bedframe and i roll my eyes.

"oh that? that was just a hoax so i could do more important things else where." wilbur says.

"like what?" dream asks.

"i can't disclose that yet, but i just wanted to come here and say thank you." wilbur says with a little laugh putting a hand on dreams shoulder then walking away.

sam locks the gate behind him and escorts him out.

i crawl out from under the bed in shock and a still face, "he's--he's alive?"

a tear rolled down my face and i covered my mouth with a hand. the damage that he has done to this town, the relationships that were ruined, he was a horrible leader. i don't want him back.

dream pulls me to his side and rubs my shoulder, "maybe he's not back for long, maybe he's here for a visit."

"i doubt it. it's wilbur." i say looking up at him.

"we really can't do anything about now can we? we can't just tell him to leave." he says.

"i should get going. i should tell tommy and tubbo before wilbur just shows up." i say walking across the bridge.

"bye." he says to the back of my body as i crossed the bridge.
——
sam had to be in the back of the prison, so i just walked out.

"y/n?" a voice questions.

i look up, "wilbur?"

"don't act so surprised, i saw you." he says with a laugh leaning against a tree.

"saw—saw me where?" i say choking on my words.

"don't play dumb, y/n." he chuckles.

"listen, wilbur, no one wants you back. you were a horrible leader. i didn't like how you did things, i only played along." i say crossing my arms.

"oh i know. come let's walk." he says putting an arm around my shoulder and pulling me forward.

"i have to talk to tommy and tubbo." i say.

"that works out perfectly! lets go talk to them together!" he says excitedly.

"i—i actually wanted to talk to them in private." i say pulling from his grip.

"oh please i'm sure it's not impo- tommy!" wilbur yells with his arms up.

"y/n what is this? why is he here? i told you to not let him back." tommy says in anger.

"i couldn't stop him, he visited dream." i say.

"naw tommy don't be so down." wilbur says walking closer to him.

"he's not— that's not—." tubbo starts.

"he's back." ranboo says.

"did you miss me?" wilbur says with an evil smile.

short chapter next one will be a long one ;)