XXXII. its over.

*blood mention*

"i'm not giving you anything, after all you did. you let me get hurt, you didn't make sure i was ok or even alive, i thought you were dead, wilbur, dead." i say out of anger and frustration.

"i'm sorry-." he starts.

"are you? if you were truly sorry, you wouldn't be showing up at my door asking for help finding my mothers ring." tears started to form in my eyes but i wouldn't let them fall.

"you know what? i'm actually not sorry, you're right. a lot of people want you dead and i was trying to help you. and i didn't come here for the ring." wilbur yells.

"wha- what why?" i ask.

"just look at the damage you made from the last war. i didn't start that war you did." wilbur says opening the curtain.

"what? i wasn't even there. if you want me dead then fine, but do not show up to my house and tell me that this was my fault because i know. i didn't want anyone to get hurt." i say closing the curtain abruptly.

"oh you know it's your fault? then that makes it easier." he says with a smile.

"makes what easier?" i ask putting my hands on my hips.

"this." he takes his shiny sword out of the scabbard and points the tip at my stomach.

"wilbur, no, what are you doing?" i'm horrified. i don't know what turned my best friend into some monster. was he just trying to get in my head? or did he actually mean it? do people really want me dead? i stood there in shock, looking into wilburs saddened eyes. i couldn't believe what was happening.

"i'm sorry, y/n." he says as a tear rolls down his face.

"you don't have to..." i say starting to cry myself.

"...do this." i cry. i started to remember the day, i almost died the first time. a friend i thought i trusted and now the one i saw as a brother. i never thought my second death would be in the same place.

"you have no idea how much i don't want too, but i made a promise." he says. he pushed the sword from the place it was before.

i cupped my hands around the wound and looked down at it then back at wilbur, "why?"

 i was laying on my back, bleeding from my stomach where the one person i could trust just stabbed me. my vision was blurry but i could still see wilbur walking out the door, emotionless. the job was done, he kept his promise.

"wil-." i start but got cut off by my eyes closing and losing all i had left of myself.

i could say this isn't the end, but this is the end. no one came looking for me. i was left there lifeless, nothing left.

———————-

dreams pov

i've been working a lot. every bit and piece has to fit perfectly, even though there will be problems and people getting in my way. 

"dream!" sam yells.

"what, sam!" i yell back.

"that's the fifth puzzle you've asked for." sam says.

"well, i'm getting bored and i need something to do." i say placing puzzle pieces together. 

sam walked away for more than hour. "why do you hide when sam comes in?"

"i just don't want to be seen in here, even if it's just sam." techno says. 

soon enough sam came back but with a friend. 

"what are you doing here? you said you wouldn't come back." i say getting up and walking towards quackity. 

"well, i did. i haven't been in this home of yours in a while." he says with a smile on his face. 

"what do you want, now?" i ask.

"ok, straight to the point. is today the day you're going to give up the book?" he asks leaning against the wall. 

"i am going to give the same answer i've been telling you ever since i have been here. i am not giving you the book." i say crossing my arms. 

"are you sure? because he, techno, is your only chance of getting out and thats why i brought him here, you two have nothing on your side anymore. just imagine, everything and everyone you can see again..."

"y/n." i say looking down. 

"you didn't hear? y/n, she's dead, but you'll be free to do whatever, to see whoever, so hand it over or i kill technoblade and you never get out, at least you'll never get out alive." he finishes.

"what." i say standing up straight, but we went passed it as if it was nothing like it meant nothing.

"thats kinda harsh." techno says sitting on the floor eating leftover food from minutes ago.

"even if he does break you out, i don't care because all i came here for is that book." quackity points a finger at me.

"we spent the last three months bonding in here bro, you messed up." techno says. 

"i messed up? listen techno, when you killed me you think i was just going to forget about it? walk away? i'll tell you something, the same way you did it. i have a picaxe," he grabs the handle of the picaxe from behind him, "and i will put it through your fucking teeth." 

just like that techno disappeared. 

"i didn't do anything." i say in a panic. 

"what the fuck have you done." quackity says coming at me.

"i didn't do anything! i don't know where he went!" i yell.

"where the fuck is techno!" he yells. 

"i have no idea." i yelled more. i really had no idea where he went or how he just disappeared. 

"tell dream to talk, tell dream to talk!" sam yells.

"what the fuck did you do, dream!" quackity grabs my shoulders.

"i didn't do anything, stop please." i cry. 

"what did you?! where the fuck is techno?!" quackity screams.

" i don't know. ask sam, i have no idea." he corners me. 

"make dream talk." sam demands. 

it was the same questions, wheres techno? what did you do? and it was always the same answer,  i don't know, what do you want me to say? i have no idea, i didn't do anything. i realized nothing was going to change. they would come here everyday, asking me the same questions, torturing me for an answer i didn't even know myself. 

this is when i knew, if nothing was going to change, i can make it change. its my turn, techno. i'm getting out. 

start counting down, the clock is ticking....