XXI. dandelions

this chapter is inspired by the song dandelions by ruth b!

it's been a few days since i last spoke to dream, and honestly i'm shocked myself. i'm shocked that i had the courage to speak out, but i'm not sure if i think it was a good idea. i'm having so many mixed emotions, one day i hate his guts and i just want to scream, the next i feel pain and sorrow like i lost the one person who i didn't think i would lose.

currently i was sitting on a rock twirling a dead fluffy dandelion by the stem. staring out into the water and then to the flower, brought back some memories that used to have me on cloud nine and part of me still is.

i walked down the path right outside where l'manberg once was and i looked around pausing in my tracks, "maybe it's the way you say my name." i whisper inching closer to the grass where we met up for the war.

"y/n." dream says with an evil grin.

i continued on my walk and made eye contact with the hill, the hill where we first met, "maybe it's the way you play your game." i whisper looking at it with my head over my shoulder.

"tell him dream, wants war. i gave you a chance but you messed up." he says lifting his sword to my chin.

i then looked at l'manberg and the platforms in the sky, "but it's so good, i've never met anybody like you." i whisper looking at the platforms and then back towards the forest where the lake is.

"you know you can't just walk away from me, right? i could take you down right now." dream says with confidence.

"i love you, i know this isn't the end." he says with a sob.

i started walking in a quicker pace. i don't know why but i felt so so so broken, "but it's so good, i've never dreamed of nobody like you."

"i can't focus, i know it sounds wrong but i have to see him." i say holding a to-do list.

i happened to make my way to the prison and leaned against the outside wall with the dandelion still in my hand, "and i've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime." i slid down the wall and put my arms on my knees.

"yeah i should, bye, love you." i say running back.

dream's pov

"and i'm pretty sure you are that love of mine." i whisper leaning on the desk.

"i love you too." i say as she gets farther away.

"'cause I'm in a field of dandelions, wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine and I see forever in your eyes." i say picking up a black and white picture of us and analyze it.

"call me crazy but i think this could work. when you have your hands in mine, i feel more myself." i say holding her hands in front of us.

"i feel okay when i see you smile," i look at the wall in front of me, "smile."

"dream, come on just smile." she says with a smile as the flash went off.

i grabbed the cornflower out of the draw and sit down, "wishing on dandelions all of the time." i whisper as i twirl the small blue flower in my hand.

she's squatting with her arms crossed and her head leaning on her arms looking at the flowers in front of her, "you know, this is probably my favorite flower."

"why?" i ask.

"it's pretty." she says with a smile.

"praying to God that one day you'll be mine." i close my eyes and put my head in my hands.