XXVI. jack, foolish, quackity

jacks pov

i hopped around in celebration hearing about tommy. i stood outside the hotel with my hands on my hips and a smile.

"ahh," i sigh, "the big manifold hotel. he's not going to come back and take it, is he?" i laugh and begin to walk along the path towards the prison.

"i really really thought i struck gold when he went to jail." i say to myself.

i made it to the prison and slowed my pace.

"oh hey jack!" a voice yells from in front of me.

"hey y/n!" i took a big gulp and walked towards her.

"whatcha doing at the.....at the prison?" she asks hiding her eyes from the sun.

"oh i'm just......walking." i say swaying.

"i'm guessing it's hitting you that tommy's dead?" she asks.

"yeah, to be fair, as much as i'm celebrating i kinda want to go check on tubbo to be honest. i was just hanging out with him, as much as you know. tubbos my friend and i enjoy my time in snow chester with him even if i went there to get back at tommy. he's a decent kid." i say with a nod and my hands in my front pockets.

"i get that. a lot of people didn't like tommy but once you realize he's gone it's just like a big cut ripped open and it's going to take a while to heal. he was one of the people who stitched it together, but now that he's gone it ripped open again. i also heard how tubbo found it he sounded devastated." she says with wandering eyes.

"yeah he was trying to not to show how upset he was but ranboo and i knew he how upset he was, but how are you doing since?" i ask.

"i'm getting there, i had my ups and downs. i find myself going to tommy's house for no reason but that's how it goes. i'm actually on my way to see how puffy's doing, so i should get going." she says with a smile.

"yeah yeah i should probably go also." i respond.

"it was nice to see you though." she says with a wave and walks away.

"yeah bye." i wave.

—————————————
after speaking to tubbo and ranboo i wandered around just collecting my thoughts. in the beginning i was happy but now it's heartbreaking. seeing how upset everyone was made me realize how i really felt. we may not have got along or liked each other, but like y/n said he pulled everything together. 

"hey jack!" a male voice yells from the path.

"hi quackity." i say walking towards him

"how's it going?" he asks with a smile.

"well, uh i have news." i respond looking down.

"what do you mean? did you get new customers?" he chuckles. 

"no no. no new customers." i sigh.

"well i mean no one is standing in your way right now, since tommys jailed." he says. 

"well yeah that, that." i say rubbing the back of my neck.

"i was thinking of writing up a draft of our contract and everything kinda give it a go and," he says walking while turning his head, "what is this?"

"oh mcdonalds." i explain.

"that's nice." he says.

"do you want a burger? kinda feel like you want a burger." i say walking up to the counter. 

"no no i'm on a diet. i'm eating healthy right now." he says with a nod. 

we continued down the path for a little bit and in the silence i thought it was the right time to say something. 

"tommy's not in prison." i say looking down.

"wait really? he got out? that's really exciting, where is he?" he says with excitement. 

"um no he's not in prison because he never made it out." i look up. 

"what." he says.

"him and dream got into a fight, but i don't know what happened. i do know that he didn't make it." i explain. 

"what do you mean he didn't make it?" he asks. 

"he fought dream and he didn't win." i respond. 

"what- what do you mean?" he says looking around. 

"i mean he's dead, q." i say. 

"what." he says. 

"yeah.i didn't want to tell you but someone had to." i say sadly.

"when was this?" he asks. 

"maybe like an hour, 2 hours ago." i say with a shoulder shrug. 

"this was today?" he says furrowing an eyebrow and pointing at the ground. 

"yeah it was today. i don't know he was in there with dream and sam.... i don't know he said he made a mistake and you know yeah." i ramble. 

"tommy's just..... tommy's just dead then." he says sitting down. 

--------------------------------------------

after talking to quackity and splitting up before we got to "the place" i walked back towards the path i was taking before. 

"hello." foolish says coming up to me.

"hi! how are you?" i ask.

"oh you know pretty good. how are you?" he responds.

"i'm ok....i'm yeah. i've got news." i say. 

"yeah?" he says. 

"you know how tommy has been visiting dream?" i ask as we walk. 

"oh yeah i knew that he was stuck in there thats why i was like 'oooo you're going to lose your hotel when he's back." he says. 

"i don't think he's coming back." i say.

"no what? does he get locked in prison? like did he do something? probably pissed off sam, he has a way of pissing people off." he laughs. 

i look at him and he looks at me. 

"oh we aren't laughing." he says as his smile fades. 

"i think he might've pissed off dream. he really really pissed him off." i say. 

"well yeah i could see that..." he says. 

"no like dream killed him, foolish." i say. 

"ok ok thats funny, what really happened?" he laughs. 

"no no no dream killed him. tommy's dead." i say with a nod. 

"wait actually? like actually gone?" he says confused. 

"yeah like he's actually gone." i say. 

"i didn't know him too well. i haven't been around long, i mean he did mug me twice." he says looking up. 

"yeah yeah that sounds like him." i chuckle. 

"i'm really sorry, jack. everything will get better, i promise." he smiles. 

"thank you, foolish." i say. 

"i can't believe he's dead." he says.