forty-one

A/N : I'll try making longer chapters 'cause I don't think I want this book to reach over 70 chapters. Thank you so much for the comments, I have fun reading them, yall calling snape a child predator aside lmao

-

WE ARE FINALLY BACK IN SCHOOL, We tried our best to act like Mr.Weasley getting attacked didn't rattle us to keep Umbridge off our backs which was a challenge by the way. She liked keeping a close eye on us.

"So, you're gonna practice occlumency with Snape?" I asked Harry as he sat across me in the library table. He nodded and continued drawing lines on my open palm resting on the table. "Goodluck, I guess."

"That sounds like a nightmare if you ask me," Ron let out an exasperated sigh and flipped through his book which he never bothered reading at all.

"No one asked you Ronald," Hermione rolled her eyes and turned back to Harry. "You'll do great, don't let Snape bully you too much. Goodluck, Harry."

From the corner of my eyes I saw Ginny Weasley approach us. She waved at us and smiled, but I didn't miss the way her gaze lingered a little longer on Harry who did nothing but continued tracing the lines on my palms.

I recognize the look a little too well, and I feel a bit bad for her. "Hey Gin!" I greeted her and patted the chair beside me with my free hand, which was my left. 

"Hey, Lils." She greeted me back, her eyes briefly casting a glance to my hand being held by Harry. "The twins sent me here to tell you they need your help for another prank, I'm not a bloody owl but I had to study for another essay anyways."

I arched my brows and nodded at her, making sure to talk to the twins later about the plans. "You're still helping those two with pranks?" Harry asked, frowning at me.

"They're fun to be with and the pranks are always funny," I winked at him and he rolled his eyes at me, turning back to his book finally and began reading again. "Speaking of, I have to go meet them now."

"Why right away?" Hermione asked, looking down at my finished essay and nodding in satisfaction.

"I need to use the lavatory, it's a one-way trip," I told them and got up, picking up all my things and slinging the strap of my book bag across my chest and letting it hang off my shoulder. "I'll see you guys later."

Having your best friends' little sister have a crush on your boyfriend is a bit of a problem, but Ginny is still kind of young, she'll surely outgrow her schoolgirl crush cause as much as I like her and treats her as a friend- I don't plan on giving away Harry Potter.

Even Voldemort would have to kill me before he snatch him away.

***

Finally in the comfort of our common room where there are not as much prying eyes are watching, I held Harry close. I noticed how touchy we've been with each other but considering everything that happened and everyone who died- it's probably just us unconsciously holding onto each other with our fears in mind.

Not to forget- everyone else still thinks he's lying about Voldemort's return. Which is absolutely stupid, why would he lie about such a thing? And Diggory died! Some of these people in this blasted school makes my blood boil.

"How was the practice with Snape?" I asked him, keeping voice low to not ruin the mood of us just sitting close near the fire while the common room empties out, people are going to their respective dorms and we will inevitably be left alone here.

"Horrible," Harry let out a long sigh.

"I figured that much," I told him. "You look like a mess right now."