three

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN fascinated by Divination. I mean not everything that's in there has a 100% probability but just the idea of getting a sneak peek into the future.

I got my timetable from McGonagall and I lost the trio along the way so I'm left to roam this big castle on my own. Why aren't there any signs? I mean, they don't orient the students so the least they could do is put up signs because I have not spent two years getting to know the place.

Not to forget the stairs, those damned stairs that move and I am certain I'm late for Divination. "Jesus Christ," I cursed loudly since no one is here to see or hear me. I began to stomp my feet, every step I take making the loud sound of shoes hitting the floor.

"This is a bloody giant castle," I hissed loudly. "And I have no bloody idea where I'm going. If the name wasn't stupid enough-"

My harsh words came to a halt when I almost crashed into someone and I jumped, unfortunately losing my balance so I fell on my bum. "Ow," I mumbled and tries to get up on my own when a pale hand reached out.

I looked up to meet a pair of grey eyes. I took his hand with a smile and he pulled me to my feet. "I'm sorry 'bout that," he apologized in a monotone voice that I almost thought he was a robot.

"You sure sound like it," I jokingly remarked and his shoulders stiffened. He is a bit taller so he looked down at me like I was crazy and then his eyes drifted down to the my tie.

I instinctively did the same and saw the green and silver. I can't help but think that green is his color. I don't see him wearing red, at all.

"Who are you?" he asked with narrowed eyes and I look down at myself. I'm not holding a knife so why is he looking at me like I just punched his mum?

"Lily, you?" he must've been anticipating my last name because disappointment flashed in his eyes. I, ofcourse, being a nice person complied the silent demand. "Evans, Lily Evans."

Before he could open his mouth I raised both hands, "I'm not Harry Potter's mother, I just share the name," I spoke quickly and dropped my hands back to my sides.

I offered my hand but he just stared at it. "Draco Malfoy," he muttered. "Are you a pureblood?" I lowered my hand, knowing it will never be shook by the cold boy infront of me.

"I'm a muggleborn." I replied confidently. My wide grin not faltering even when his expression shifted into one of disgust. I've gotten that look more times than I'd like to admit and have developed an immunity to it.

"That would explain it," I frown at his words but didn't bother to ask and just looked around before turning back to him.

"You wouldn't happen to know where the Divination class is, would you?" I ask and he rolls his eyes. That must've given away that I was new and he turned around as if to leave me so I glare daggers on his back.

"Follow me. We wouldn't want you roaming around like a confunded elf." I make a face at the back of his head but followed anyway. Slowly reaching for my wand. I'm not really all for the prejudice but I've experienced first hand what my blood can get me into.

But he made the wise choice of actually escorting me into the class and left before I could even say goodbye. I was fortunately not late because the Professor arrived right after me so Hermione didn't get to ask me why I was with that git.

After Professor Trelawney's dramatic introduction, I'm face to face with Hermione drinking my tea leisurely. We will be reading tea leaves and Hermione doesn't look too happy on the subject which I easily learned because she kept mumbling under her breath about what rubbish the subject is.

She must've felt personally attacked by the Professor's remark earlier about books and inner eye. It did rub off on me the wrong way but if she's teaching at Hogwarts then she might know her sh- Didn't their first professor turn out to have Voldemort on the back of his head? The second one was an utter idiot and I thought the current one was a homeless man. The D.A.D.A subject here must be cursed or something.

It was going well until Professor Trelawney brought up this rubbish about The Grim which scared everyone but Hermione and me, I guess. I took interest in the subject but that doesn't mean I'm gonna hold onto everything my professor say. Surely even professors make mistakes, right?

After the dramatic Divination class, we made our way out of the castle for Care for Magical Creatures and Hermione have spoken highly of this guy named Hagrid. I haven't been talking to Harry because he's so awkward around me and I don't wanna throw myself at him while Ron is not one to have intellectual conversations with, he's better than Harry who just stares at me.

"Death Omens. Honestly. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline," Hermione breathed. "Now Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject."

I listened to Hermione complain in silence, walking beside her. Being safe to keep my fascination on the subject to myself if I don't want her preaching.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Harry asks.

"A fair few." Hermione answered and I narrowed my eyes at her, if that answer didn't sound sketchy then I don't know what does. There was also something about her tone of voice. I don't wanna pry but something is up and if it's serious then I should be concerned.

"Hang on. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination," Ron exclaimed. "You'd have to be in two classes at once."

I frown at his words. It's not too impossible for that to happen. 1.) if you have a secret twin you can smuggle into Hogwarts to sit in lessons for you. 2.) if you have a time turner, which is very unlikely since they're rare but I'm only listing possibilities. We do live in a magical castle on a hill.

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione asks incredulously.

"Broaden you minds!" she mocks our professor and I stifle a giggle at her words while Harry shake his head feigning disappointment.