thirty-seven

MY HEAD WASN'T IN THE GAME, I wished Harry good luck with a kiss before it began and he seems to be holding up well but Ron wasn't doing so well. I knew he could be a good Keeper if he only stopped doubting himself.

But I bet that must be hard when almost everyone was talking about how bad he was, making him perform worse. I've tried yelling affirmations his way to cheer him up but even my words alone can't lighten up his mood.

Merlin, this is hard enough that I'm playing against Slytherin because of the events of last time and Ron is not performing well. I was worried for my Boyfriend who was worried about his best friend.

I gripped my broom harder and ducked down to avoid a bludger coming my way. Slytherin scores again, gaining a fifty on us and I hate to say it but he looks bad. He looks worse than when I confronted him- if that was even possible- and angrier?

What is it with me being surrounded by angry boys?

I avoided his eyes when it landed on me. Although it hurts, he's made his choice to no longer be my friend so I'll respect that. I have also began accepting the fact that a Malfoy can't be my friend. Not when I'm a muggleborn.

I heard him let out a 'tsk'. "I should thank you, Weasley. You're definitely our best player." I heard his voice tease our keeper and I began flying away to be farther away from him. He reeked of hatred and it smelled disgusting.

The snitch finally appeared, I kept making my way around the pitch to try and score us points while they get distracted by the intense face-off between our seekers. I sent a 'thank you!' Fred's way when he hit a bludger away from me.

Then Harry catches the snitch, making me cheer along the crowd and made my heart calm a bit more. But then Harry got hit by a beater's club and I audibly gasped. He fell to the pitch and landed on the land with a loud thud.

I quickly dove down to go after him and so did everyone else in the team. We all surround him, I knelt down next to him with worry. "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded slowly, groaning a bit.

I helped him up and we both turned when a familiar voice sneered at us. "Bet you loved that, Potter!" I kept my eyes down. Refusing to look at him. "Saved Weasley's neck, didn't you?"

I grabbed Harry by the arm to gesture him away from the pitch. We did not need to deal with Malfoy after what happened last time, I know  Harry is only an inch away from being pushed to the edge and breaking Malfoy's nose.

"I've never seen a worse keeper! Maybe we should make a little song about it, about his filthy family! About your dead parents!" I felt Harry tense under my touch but I was too late to act when he's already sent a punch to Malfoy's gut.

But my shock tripled when George joined Harry in throwing punches, I looked to my right and saw Fred about to join and I decided against stopping Harry but instead joined in stopping Fred with the rest of the team as they hold him back.

Merlin. This is not gonna end well.

***

Right as Harry exited the doors of McGonagall's office I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms around him and then pulling away to punch him in the face. I ignored the whistle George sent my way and the gasp that left Rose's mouth.

"Ow?" Harry asked, visibly angry and holding his cheek which I punched.

"I told you not to get in trouble because Umbridge would take advantage of that!" I yelled, but then seeing as he looks troubled enough as it is. I fisted his jumper and pulled him closer to hug him again.

"That is exactly why I'm staying single forever." George winced at the sight of the girl hugging, punching and hugging her boyfriend again. Then he turned to spot the unfamiliar face of Rose. "Uhh who are you?"

"An inserted nobody." Rose shrugged. George nodded and turned away to greet Fred who came running in to check up on him.

"We got banned from playing Quidditch for life." Harry mumbled to my hair and I pulled back in shock. "Ron, George and. . .Fred too."

I widened my eyes and looked between the three in question. 

"Banned?" Angelina asked. Glaring at her boyfriend. "Banned. No seeker and no Beaters. . .What on earth are we going to do?" Our new team captain was obviously furious beyond belief.

"This is unfair." I groaned. "Harry got hit in the face!"

There was silence among the group of Gryffindors before I turned angrily to Harry. "None of this would have happened if you didn't land that first punch, Potter." He frowned at me.

"He called you a- and you're still trying to protect him?" Harry asked, slightly raising his voice.

I scoffed. "I'm not protecting anyone. I'm just stating a fact here and that was, you were wrong to stoop as low as to punch him while Umbridge is walking around with authority."

Harry let out a sarcastic chuckle. "I see how it is," He scoffed and I raised a brow at him. "Even after what he called you you still defend him. You always choose his side."

I took a step backwards, shaking my head. "I care about you a lot and this is all you can say about me?" I asked him and for a moment his anger faltered, but the damage has been done.

"Eat a can of worms, Potter." I hissed before marching away. 

I have no destination in mind but I do recall Rose saying she'll be waiting for me in Library after I check up on Harry so I headed there. wrapping her in a very needed hug once I arrived and she returned it without question.

"Did you see this coming too?" I asked, referring to the whole beating up Malfoy thing.

"Honestly? No," She replied. "Something must've come up."

I just sat there, quietly sobbing to her robes because all the built -up negative feelings inside me these past few weeks have been too much to handle. If my emotional capacity was a glass, the level of pain poured in would be to the brim.

-

read my story with rose pls and thank you. she's a babie who deserves recognition cause she's the key to saving so many of your faves from dying :')