fourteen

AS IMPOSSIBLE AS IT SOUNDS, this took a crazier turn. If finding out your friend's rat is actually an evil vermin who killed you other friend's parents (well, Voldy did but he was at fault) isn't crazy enough, your D.A.D.A Professor turning into a wolf before your very eyes is bound to be scarring.But I survived, surprisingly. And now I'm running after Harry, running after Sirius. We did find him, Harry stumbled down to his level. I was afraid he was dead. Harry just found out he still had a godfather, the closest thing he'll have to a family.

I didn't even question how he was a dog and now he's a man lying next to the edge of the water. I also got down lower to the ground to wrap an arm around Harry. He was screaming for Sirius' name and it broke my heart

.

We disagree on alot of things but seeing him like this breaks my heart.

Then I felt the heavy feeling on my chest grow heavier every second, but this feeling, I've felt it before and I turned to see them. I didn't have any time to react when Harry attempted the spell, I've done this spell before! I can do it again!

But for some reasons, I felt my eyes grow heavier and then I was gone.

"I saw my mom and dad."

"What?"

"They sent the Dementors away. . .I saw them. Across the lake. . ."

"Listen, Harry. They've captured Sirius. Any minute now the Dementors are going to perform the kiss."

"The kiss?"

"It's what Dementors do to those they want to destroy. They clam their jaws over the victim's mouth and. . . suck out their soul."

"You mean, they're going to kill Sirius?"

I flutter my eyes open at the sudden noise. What did I say about ruining my sleep? I have been deprived of a good 10-hour nap since I became friends with one Harry Potter and-- Dementors! We were outside the castle and. . .where am I? I felt numb for a second, like I couldn't move so I stared at the ceiling for a frown. Recalling the events before I assumingly passed out.

"No. It's worse. Much worse. You go on living." I heard Hermione's voice, she's here. "But you have no memory. No sense of self. You'd just be a shell, an empty shell."

What are they talking about and why can't I move?

"Wait- where's Lily?" That was Harry's voice and before I even know it, a hand is placed on my arm and I can move again, I slowly got up and looked around. Why couldn't I move until Harry placed his hand on me?

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, eyes clouded with concern and I nodded. Wow, he really is worried.

Then the door opens and Professor Dumbledore enters, I forced myself out of bed with Harry's help and the four of us faced him.

"Headmaster! You've got to stop them!" Hermione calls. "They've got the wrong man!"

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent-" Harry added, but was interrupted.

"It's Peter who did it!" Ron yells.

"Peter?" The Headmaster asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"My rat, a rat. Only she's not really- well, she was a rat. At first, see, she was my cousin's-"

I held my hand up to stop Ron's rambling and he gladly stopped. I turned back to the Professor. "The point is. . .we know the truth. Please, sir, you must believe us."

"I do, Miss Evans." Dumbledore spoke and I felt the sides of my lip twitch upwards. "But I'm sorry to say the word of four thirteen-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten to listen."

I felt a frown grow on my face. So the greatest wizard is unable to help us free an innocent man?"Ah. . .a shooting star. If ever one was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our problem. . ." He's speaking in riddles, I can feel it. He wants us to understand the meaning behind his words but I'm afraid I can't solve this one.

Because his words weren't meant for me. "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful and when meddled with. . .dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower." He turns to Hermione, I knew it! "You know the laws Miss Granger. You must not be seen and you would, I feel, do well to return before the last chime.If not. . .well, the consequences are really too ghastly to discuss."

"Three turns should do it, I think. If you succeed, more than one innocent life may be spared tonight."

Dumbledore hands Hermione and I each a stick of chocolate, then starts to go but pauses. "By the way, when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. . .good luck."

Then he's gone, the four of us are left in the room to decipher his words and I am certain I got it. But he couldn't seriously be thinking of that, right?

"I hate to ask but uhh," Ron spoke up. "What was that all about?"

"Hermione, you don't mean. . ." I trailed off when she met my eyes and they held the answer so I just shut my lips. She began to loop a pendant's long chain around mine and Harry's neck as well as her own. I recognized it well.

"Sorry, Ron. But seeing as you can't walk. . ."

She clicked a small button three times on the hour glass pendant and it begins to spin furiously, all around me and I felt a jerking motion and nothingness tugging at me. The room began to morph into one painting that seemingly have melted and I felt my head aching a bit.

What are we bloody getting into now?