forty-four

IT WAS ALL TOO FAST AND I WASN'T ABLE TO make out what was happening when my view was blocked by a member of the Order and a Death Eater fighting. But  I did hear something, a voice that was too familiar to miss. 

I heard Rose's voice yell out loudly, "PROTEGO!" and I ran around the room and towards Harry to see the view of Sirius being protected by Rose better, Sirius stood there stunned while Rose stood in front of him with her wand drawn and a protective spell performed to save him.

Third Person's POV

Bellatrix was taken aback as she eyed the girl before her, she drank her in. Long black shoulder-length hair, narrow piercing eyes and a pale complexion. Then she felt her blood boil, she almost had him! 

One member of the Order dead! She was so close to having Voldemort pleased with her at the achievement she almost gained but this little girl had to ruin it all. Bellatrix felt her eye twitch as she raised her wand once more.

"You meddling wench!" She exclaimed in a high-pitch screech and threw another green spell but Rose was quick to deflect it with ease. She had her parents' talents naturally, being the daughter  of two very competent Aurors had its perks and it was that she's very good at duels.

Bellatrix was about to throw another curse towards Rose but she spied Dumbledore a few feet away and recognized defeat so she quickly turned away, disappearing into a wave of small smoke and disappeared from sight. 

Harry blinded by rage of almost losing his Godfather and only family he had left ran after her, Lily yelling frantically after him and Dumbledore was quick to follow after them while the rest of the Order handles the other Death Eaters. Sirius finally regained his senses, he just saw his life flash before his eyes and now stood before him was an angel who saved him.

His jaw dropped and he took a few seconds to register Rose, a fairly tall and skinny girl who smiled sheepishly at him with her wand in hand. "Nice to meet you sir, I'm Rose." Sirius blinked his surprise away.

"I-" He cleared his throat. "Nice to meet you as well."

"Rose!" Hermione ran up to the girl and wrapped her in a hug. "You saved him! You did it!"

Rose felt her eyes sting, tears beginning to pool in her eyes as she hugged Hermione back and smiled at Sirius who was watching them, "I did it." She whispered and gripped Hermione's top because she felt her knees about to give in

"That, you did," Sirius exclaimed and Hermione pulled away, turning to Sirius and hugging him as well, Sirius returned her hug. "I have a nagging feeling that both knew what was gonna happen."

"And you're right about that," Hermione replied and pulled away. "We'll explain later to everyone."

***

The Order gathered back at the 12 Grimmauld Place, Rose was on edge, she changed the future. She changed the tides of war by keeping Sirius alive when he was destined to die at the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange.

And now here is everyone trying to calm down from the battle that ensued in the Department of Mysteries and patching up those who happened to be harmed. Luna had a slight injury to her head and was bleeding, Molly Weasley patched her up right away and Tonks helped Neville calm down.

Seeing Bellatrix, the woman responsible for what his parents have become, must've shaken him. "If I wasn't too happy right now to have you all safe and sound I'd be too mad at you kids for putting yourselves in danger." Molly sternly told them. 

"We're sorry, Mum," Ginny spoke up. "We were just very worried about Sirius."

"Speaking of Sirius," Remus spoke up, turning to his friend. "How are you, Padfoot?"

"Still breathing," Sirius jested. "Thanks to one little miss." Sirius turned to Rose and smiled at her. "I never got to properly thank you for saving my life back there, thank you."

Lily smiled at their exchange and wrapped an arm around Harry who was still shaken up from confronting Voldemort himself. Harry leaned into her touch and closed his eyes to breathe in shakily, he was still in a state of panic. And you can't blame him given who he had to fight. 

"Y- you're welcome," Rose shyly replied, looking down and feeling overwhelmed at the amount of eyes on her. Hermione moved away from Ron to settled next to Rose and console her. 

"You said you'll explain to everyone?" Sirius raised a brow at Hermione.

"Explain what?" Harry asked, opening his eyes and turning to Lily who only smiled sheepishly and nodded her head at Rose and Hermione.

"I'm a seer," Rose announced and Luna gasped with a wide grin, obviously fascinated. "And I knew Sirius was supposed to die today, I saw it happen and I just had to save him."

"Why would you do that?" Sirius asked. "You don't know me and as far as everyone in this room can tell, I'm still a mass murderer to the Wizarding World."

"Because what I see isn't just limited to the future," Rose confessed. "I happen to see bits and pieces of the past. I saw Lily's memories of your encounter with Pettigrew, you're innocent."

"Why are you only telling us now?" Ron asked, feeling slightly betrayed by Hermione.

"Because I couldn't afford to fail, a life was at stake." Rose replied but Ron's frown only deepened.

"The more people know, the more dangerous it is and the most likely the future she saw was set to happen," Hermione explained and crossed her arms, leaning against the couch she and Rose occupied. "Rose can be our secret weapon."

Lily nodded. "Voldemort and his Death Eaters don't know about Rose and her abilities, we can use her to our advantage and she basically just saved Sirius' life just now."

"Would you be okay with that, dear child?" Dumbledore asked Rose who frowned at him. "Will you be willing to use your abilities for our advantage in the upcoming war?"

"I'll do anything to help," Rose nodded and searched the room to meet Fred's eyes who frowned at her. "I'll try and save as many people as I can."

"Well, that's enough of this talk," Molly clapped. "You children wash up and go to bed. Today has been a lot and you're all shaken up."

"I agree," Remus spoke up. "You kids get ready for bed while the adults discuss the events of today further. You were all incredibly brave today and you all did amazing. I'm proud of all of you."

***

"I can understand why you didn't tell me about Rose's ability," Harry lets out a sigh as he sat on his bed while Lily continued brushing her hair in the vanity. "But I deserved to know if my Godfather was destined to die."

"Rose has her reasons for begging us not to tell you," Lily forced a smile. "Let's just all be glad it all worked out in the end and she's safe, so is Sirius and no one is seriously harmed."

"You're right, I'm sorry," Harry breathed out.

"I always am."

"I'll try not to forget next time."

-

aaaand he lives <3