sixteen

SIRIUS, HARRY'S INNOCENT GODFATHER escaped with Buckbeak and now we're left to consult a confused Ron. We left Hermione to it and excused ourselves out.

Harry and I walk down the deserted hallway of Hogwarts next to each other in silence, the torches illuminating our path and I watch our shadows appear bigger then smaller over and over again.

"It was us," Harry muttered. I turned to meet eyes with him and found the light from the fire made his eyes appear Hazel. I've been told he would've been an exact copy of his father if it weren't for his father's eyes that were hazel.

So this was James Potter. "What do you mean?" I asked, too many things happened and they are all still a jumble of events in my head. I barely got anything registered just yet, it felt too much like a dream.

"My parents, I thought it was them who casted the Patronus charm," Harry spoke in a soft tone. I just remembered, our Patronuses were a Stag and a Doe. . .I have read enough about the charm to know what that could mean but then again, it can only be a coincidence.

"But it was us," I repeated his words from earlier with a small smile. He nodded. "So, a Stag?"

I asked with a playful tone and he let out a genuine laugh. I felt my smile widen. "So, a Doe?" He copied my tone and I pushed him playfully while our laughters echo through the isolated hallway and I saluted the fat lady who let us in with a small glare for being loud.

When we entered, only a few people were left in the common room. The twins spotted us and started wiggling their eyebrows, Harry and I promptly ignored him and then there was Neville who eyed us with worry. I nudged Harry with my shoulder and he turned to me with a small frown.

"Rest well, Potter," I mumbled softly and he curtly nodded as I began to turn away.

"You too, Evans."

[A/N : I find it utterly annoying when writers feel the need to slip in a note in the middle of a story but I find this so fucking cute. I can't even stop smiling while writing it--AHHHHH]

I reached the end of the stairs with a small yawn. Traveling did take it's toll and had me sleeping for 10 hours and I'm still tired. I bumped into someone because I barely had my eyes open and mumbled a 'sorry' and adjust to my surroundings.

It's a wonder I didn't fall off the stairs. "You look like hell," I heard a familiar voice muse and I frowned.

"That's not a nice thing to say to someone, Potter." I smirk. Realizing I have found a liking to the nicknames we gave each other. We were friends but I found it oddly amusing that we call each other with our surnames as if we are enemies like he and Malfoy.

"Not if it's the truth, Evans," He remarked with a smug tone and I chuckle. I just missed breakfast and I am honestly hungry. "I'm heading to the Great Hall. You wanna come?"

"Sure thing," I replied and began to make my way out of the common room with him and tow and not long after our walk, he caught up with me and began to walk next to me.

It was a comfortable silence shared between us until a commotion in the Great Hall was heard. What would these idiots be up to now?