twenty - eight

DIGGORY HAD WON THE SECOND TASK and I was still in chock from the fact that I was put under the Black Lake to contribute to the Tournament as some trophy to be retrieved and Draco was spouting profanities behind me. Everyone cheered as the two representatives of our houses were awarded for their brilliance.

I just sat there, in daze while the Prefects and Professors usher us back to the land where I found it hard to walk from the cold biting away at my every skin. I felt my robes cling to me so I lazily took them off, Draco helped.

But without it I felt so cold. "This bloody Tournament is gonna kill it's students," Draco exclaimed, shaking his head furiously until he noticed my shaking figure on the damp grass below me.

He took off his own robes and began to wrap them around me, I looked down to find his green robes draping over my shivering shoulders. "Thank you," was all I could muster from how weak I was feeling and he nodded with a small smile.

"Where the bloody hell is Potter anyway?" Draco hissed, looking around at the cheering crowd making their way back to the castle. "He's the reason you are like this anyways!" I tried yo stand but failed and so I gasped when I felt arms slide under my legs.

Then I was being carried, bridal style by Draco. Who would've thought he'd let me get his robes wet and that he'd carry me because my knees are far too weak and I'm too cold. Sure, we could've used a drying spell or a heating charm but none of us brought our wands.

He was expecting to watch the Tournament and I was expecting to meet my Head of House with Hermione. None of us planned for this or even prepared ourselves to be in this situation. "Probably already celebrating his spotlight, famous Potter," Draco sneered as he carried me through the woods.

I tried to part my lips and tell him to stop blaming Harry but even my lips were to weak to move. So I just clung closer to him, like he was lifeline and he looked down at me with an endearing look, something I couldn't quite pinpoint lingering in his smoke of eyes.

"Draco," His name was all that escaped past my lips when I heard someone call my name and turned to find Harry squinting his eyes at the boy holding me.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked Draco, but then his eyes met mine and they widened. "I was looking all over for you!"

Harry tried approaching us and reaching his hand out but Draco stepped away and tightened his hold on me. "I've got her, Potter," Draco calmly spoke despite his angered features. "Go back to your crowd of tossers."

Then Draco moved on, walking away from Harry with me in his arms and all I did was bury my face onto his now damp chest. "You lost the bet, Evens." I know.

Let's just say that the rumors the following days weren't too innocent. They were making up theories about my relationship with Draco and some even went as far as to claim that I hexed him into liking me. 

Hermione was not too fond of the idea of me being with Draco but then again, she was open-minded and started considering the things he's done for me. Because in her own words 'As much as he is a git, who is nothing but a bully, I can visibly see the way he treats you and it's different from the way he treats others'.

I was only shaking my head at the entire situation. Draco may have been the best friend so far, after all the horrible things he's done (and I forgave him) but I can't see him more than as a friend.

Not that his family would approve of me anyway, if ever.

I sat next to Harry on the couch with Hermione on my other side in the common room, Harry was telling me about what he knew so far from this whole You-Know-Who situation and a man have been found dead.

The story got more interesting and I was beginning to get the feeling that this is only about to get worse, as the year progresses and as we age some more, things are only gonna get more difficult. 

"So, Snape accused you of stealing from him?" I asked, closing my book and letting it rest on my lap.

"I wouldn't put it past him," Hermione mused, standing up with her parchment in hand. She appeared to have finished her essay. "He really hates you, Harry."

Before Hermione could walk away, I raised a brow at her. "How are things with you and Ron?" I asked and she shrugged, gathering her belongings.

"Well, we're talking again and I've forgiven him but it's still pretty awkward," Hermione replied and shrugged again, preparing tot urn on her heels. "I have to go you two."

I waved her goodbye even if she couldn't see me, with her back turned on Harry and I. So now, it's just me and him on this quiet common room. I threw my book softly to the side to sit on the couch more more comfortably and Harry noticed my discomfort.

He wasn't really doing anything, just telling us everything he knew while Hermione and I did our thing and now that the brunette left, we're alone together. "How are you feeling, Potter?" I asked, yawning a bit.

(A/N : Highkey, when I wrote this, I FUCKING YAWNED)

"I'm honestly a bit confused, and scared because I can feel something big is about to happened," Harry replied, slowly guiding my head to rest on his shoulder. Like it did once when I was so sleepy he let me rest on him while everyone in our house were terrified for their lives.

"Let's hope you're wrong, wonder boy," I yawned again, craning my neck so my nose were buried in the crook of his neck and inhaled the all too familiar scent of pine trees and ink that seemed to always surround him.

"Why do I feel like your Patronous should've been a Sloth?" Harry asked with a teasing tone and I let out a snort, too sleepy and lazy to come up with a witty comeback.

"Shut up, Potter," I hiss in annoyance and he lets out a bark of laughter, causing his chest to rise and fall rapidly. 

I could hear his fast heartbeat so well, and I can't help but feel like dying because he was this close yet so far. All this gesture means nothing more to him, he was being a friend and I was just that, his friend.

I felt my lids get heavier and I knew I was so close to falling asleep yet I was able to hear him before finally dozing off, I just wish I remembered what he told me.

"I'm sorry Lily, but you're way too good for me. You deserve better, not someone like me who will only put you in danger, but just make sure whoever you end up with isn't Malfoy because I can't accept that."

-

OHHHH LET US GIVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE TO THE SUNKEN SHIPS