six

I WAS MAKING MY WAY down the halls to join Hermione in the library for our study session when a piece of paper stuck on the Bulletin board of Hogwarts caught my eyes. I approached it and felt my heart flutter in my chest. The Chaser post is open!

I approached and scanned the names listed, from people who are gonna be my competition if I sign my name. I narrow my eyes at the names and found they are all boys and contemplated writing my name. I kept staring at it for a good one minute. I've never been fond of losing, specially to boys.

With a hesitant smile I picked up a quill and made a move to sign my name, I finished signing my name in a neat handwriting and jumped when a voice erupted from behind me.

"You play Quidditch?" I sharply turned to meet gray eyes.

I nod with a proud grin and hides my quill away. "That shocking?" I asked with a small challenge but his amused expression didn't falter. I'm only surprised he's acting somewhat of a human-being toward me right now.

"Honestly, yes." He replied and a smirk stretch on his lips.

"I'm insulted, Malfoy." I remarked with thinly veiled playfulness. Why am I even talking to this git? He hates my friends and my friends hate him.

He raised both hands up, "I'm only playing, Evans." I rolled my eyes at him and began to walk away without another word until he spoke again, halting me in my steps.

"So I guess I'll see you in the field?"

I bit back a smile and nodded curtly, looking over my shoulder to reply, "You're saying that as if I will make the team." I walked again, ignoring his reply of 'You better!' without looking back and finally made it to the library.

I'm delighted to deliver the news that I did, in fact, get the spot.

***

I was almost hesitant to leave Harry to go to Hogsmeade and join Hermione and Ron if my Dad didn't ask me to bring him back a book from the stores in the village. Two years in the Wizarding World and they are nowhere getting used to having a witch for a daughter and I can't blame them. I deeply appreciate my father trying to learn more about my world through books.Now the Great Hall is buzzing with ecstatic students. Swapping stories and sweets amongst themselves. Hermione was talking about the trip with such rigor as if I wasn't with her the entire time.

"And the post office! It's about 200 owls, all sitting on color-coded shelves," She exclaims. 

"Depending how fast you want your letter to go!"

"And Honeyduke's is brilliant! Sugar Quills, Flaming Whizbees- oh and blood-flavored lollipops for Halloween!" Ron adds just as excitedly and I wince in disgust. I have tasted my blood before and it's nowhere near chocolate, and to put it on lollipop? What a crime!

I looked around the table to see shining faces but one stood out, Harry silently picking through the spray of brilliantly colored sweets on the table while glumly nodding along Hermione and Ron's stories.I almost felt guilty for enjoying myself while he stayed behind.