twenty-one

I WATCHED THREE CHAMPIONS battle dragons. Big, scaly, dangerous, terrifying, angry dragons. It was now Harry's turn and I gripped the edge of my seat, somehow, Hermione's comforting words weren't enough to calm my nerves.

It felt as if it was me who was about to face a bloody dragon.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each of them will proceed to the next task." Dumbledore's voice reached everyone's ears. "And now our fourth and final contestant."

Harry entered the arena and I was glad to hear people cheering his name, I would of been one of them if I wasn't way too petrified by my nerves to react.

I watched in fear for my friend's life but Hermione was in her right mind to shout instructions at Harry. I seemed to have snapped back into reality when he's had his broom in his grasp. Did. . .did he really summon a broom of all things?

But who was I to complain when he ended up completing it anyways?

Harry lifts the golden egg in the air, the Gryffindors surround him , cheering and suddenly the common room was like a new place.

I watched the twins approach Harry, they talked and then Seamus handed Harry to open the egg. He was too happy to even address the crowd with confidence and when he did, a loud horrific scream pierced everyone's ears. Thankfully, Harry closed it again.

"What the hell was that?" Harry asks.

Ron appeared in the doorway and the twins shooed everyone away, telling them to get tucked in their beds and get ready for a new day tomorrow but I did not budge and sent them glares. I wanted to stay.

I watched their awkward exchange and make up from the corner, I sat on the armchair with my legs crossed underneath me. After that painful friendship renewal thingy, Ron invited Harry to head to their room when his green eyes met mine, he declined.

Ron shrugged and headed for the stairs while Harry walk over to me, egg in hand.

"Why are you here in the corner?" He asked.

"Well, I wouldn't want to distract you from the spotlight, you seem to enjoy it," I smiled up at him and he chuckles.

"Not much when you're not a part of the audience,"

"Oh but I was,"

"Thank you," He spoke, I looked up to meet his eyes again. They were no longer green in the red of the common room reflecting themselves in his eyes. They were a color of mud brown, maybe even chocolate.

"For what?"

"For earlier," He hummed. "I wouldn't have been able to complete the first task if it weren't for you,"

"You flatter me Potter, remember that you rode the broom,you got the egg," I reminded him and he remained smiling.

I got up from he couch to level with his gaze, no longer craning my neck.

"So, Good night, Evans?" It was more of a question, he sounded unsure of letting me go to head to bed.

"Goodnight, Potter," I replied with a coy grin.

I was prepared to walk away and head to our dorm and sleep, I've had a long day when a hand wrapped itself around my wrist to yank me back and I stumbled. Colliding against Harry's chest and his hands instinctively steadied me.

He was so close. In fact, too close that I could smell the butterbeer in his breath. He sure celebrated. My yes involuntarily flicked to his lips, then back to his eyes.

Being this close, they no longer reminded me of wood, instead, they were now the leaves. They reminded me of springtime with the faint smell of pine. His eyes were green like mine but mine were not of the forest.

I watched him do the same, I felt something stir inside me when his gaze burned onto my parted lips.

Then I snaked my arm around his neck, pulling him down by his nape to connect our lips. I didn't even realize what I was doing until I was already doing it.

At first we were both too shocked to move, I was surprised by my own actions and he was too stunned to react. But he snapped out of the daze first and I melted onto the kiss, why does it feel like his lips were made perfectly to fit in mine?

I felt a wave of euphoria wash over me, sending me over the edge where I knew if I dropped, I would land safely in the water and it would embrace me with it's open arms. His arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me closer to him, if that was even possible.

I always saw Harry as a friend, nevermind the smallest of crush I had earlier but right now, I think something in our friendship just changed. Friends, afterall, don't kiss friends.

-

finally. a first kiss. we did it bois and gorls!