twenty - nine

NOTE : So we all know that Lily and Draco are not ending up together in this book, but I love him too much to just make him fall for someone and not be chosen in the end. I want the best for him and he shall get just that. So I might make a spin-off of Draco's own short story with a bubbly Hufflepuff he found nothing but annoying.

What do we even call the ships? HarLy? DraLy? Lily x herself cause she's a queen lol

btw, is anyone actually still reading this? 

-

Draco asked me to go with him on the next Hogsmeade trip, claiming I didnt spend much time with him and I agreed because I have been holing up with Hermione. Figuring out what the next task could be because we were given no clue.

"Why is your face doing that thing?" I asked Draco, my brows furrowed and he shrugged.

"A badger has been vexing me more than usual," Draco hissed.

"Badger?" I ask. Does he mean a Hufflepuff?

As we enter The Three Broomstick, I saw Rose waving at me while she had her arm wrapped around Hermione's who was laughing.

Draco groaned. "And she's right there," Draco grumbled under his breath and I exchange glances between Rose and Draco.

"You two know each other?" I ask them, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"Know? She annoys me beyond belief," Draco dramatically groaned. "Don't gesture her over!"

But I wasn't listening, I instead wrapped an arm around Draco's and dragged him over to the two girls who had opposing reactions to our arrival. Hermione was glaring at Draco while Rose beamed up at him.

"Malfoy, hi," Rose greeted him, putting a strand of stray hair behind her ear and smiled softly at the boy next to me. "Nice scarf, Lily."

I thanked her and winked at Hermione who was also now exchanging looks between Rose and Draco. Draco sneered at both the girls but a jab at his side forced him to display a small strained smile.

"You guys gonna get a drink?" I asked them and they nodded. "Perfect, Draco was talking about how thirsty he was he could drink the Black Lake and reveal the giant squid!"

I ignored Draco's pointed glare and looked ahead to spy Hermione subtly nodding at me. "Lily, let's go get the drinks." She told me and I got up to trail after her. Leaving the snake and the badger alone.

"What was that?" Hermione asked herself, signalling Madam Rosmerta to order 4 drinks. 

"I have no idea but it looked cute," I told her. Looking over my shoulder, I spy Draco's ears turn pink and giggled. "I guess I'm a matchmaker now."

"I've never seen that scarf before," Hermione pointed out and I looked down at it with a smile.

"Draco gave it to me." 

***

The time came and now we're about to witness the last challenge, the maze ahead of us looked absolutely horrifying and I worried about Harry. We made up and are in good terms again and I don't wanna lose him right away to whatever creature lurks in there.

I was holding my breath the entire time they began entering the maze and Hermione had to remind me to breathe before I passed out from lac of oxygen. We waited there, for what seemed like an hour and I wondered how boring the second challenge must've been for the audience.

We literally just have to sit here and wait for them to announce the winner while we have no idea how it is inside? But the excitement was back on when Harry returned. I felt the excitement and happiness flood my senses but I noticed something.

He wasn't happy and Diggory's body looked way too pale from where I stood then he said it. The very words we were all terrified to hear and too scared to face. The Dark Lord was back and I just know how much trouble I would be in.

Being a muggleborn and friends with Harry Potter? Recipe for disaster. 

But At this moment all I could feel was heartbreak for Harry. He has been through enough, but this is just the beginning. 

As the crowd was suddenly stunned to hear the sudden announcement, I spied someone adorning Hufflepuff colours make her way out of the crowd and run somewhere else. I was tempted to follow her but seeing the heartbreak in Hermione's face rooted me in place.

I wrapped her in a hug while she sobbed into my shoulders.

What comes next?

E N D   O F   P A R T      T W O