twenty-two

THE NEXT MORNING, I was a mess because I could barely force myself to sleep after whatever that was with Harry that happened. I kissed him, wait- we kissed. He kissed me back and I. . .oh my god.

When did I become this bold?

I was almost hesitant to head to breakfast and Hermione knows something is up with how I was too invested in my looks after shower. I spent almost an hour playing around with charms to style my hair.

Merlin, I even asked Lavender to apply a bit of make-up to my face, and she was happy to do so but Hermione was narrowing her eyes at me the entire time. So here we are on our way to breakfast.

"What's with the preparation?" She asked, with a detective tone.

"Is it a crime for a girl to look pretty?" I ask, feigning innocence and nonchalance.

"Not really, just curious who you're doing it for," She casually replied.

"I'm doing it for myself," I exclaimed with a matter-of-fact tone but it still didn't make her drop the suspicious look.

But I was too ecstatic to pay her weird act any mind. I almost skipped to the Gryffindor table where I saw Ron and Harry already eating breakfast at.

I occupied the seat next to Harry without a word. "Good Morning!" I greeted, Ron returned it but I kept my eyes on the side of Harry's head.

If I was in my right mind, I would smack myself in the face for acting this way. But I was too happy to care.

Harry entually turned at the sound of my voice and he gave me a heart-melting smile."Good Morning," He greets back with a friendly tone.

My smile began to weaken, he's acting normal. Of course, I don't want him dancing ballet on the table but he's acting way too normal. Did he hit his head and forget that he kissed me? Or rather, I kissed him and he kissed me back?

Then his gaze was taken away from me, I tried to follow it and saw Cho Chang smiling at him. She looked beautiful in her blue robes, I felt a pinch at my heart. I turned back to Harry and he was spilling the drink from his mouth.

"Very smooth, Harry," Ron whistled sarcastically and Hermione nudged him.

I met her sad eyes and they silently told me that she knew, she understood. I don't know how she finds things out easily and adjust to information well but I'm not even gonna question it anymore. I shifted in my seat to be a good inch or two away from Harry.

If he noticed the shift in my demeanor, he didn't mention anything about it. I forced my breakfast down my throat, stabbing pieces of my sausage violently with a fork and quietly chewing on it.

"Parcel for you, Mr.Weasley," A young boy says, walking up to Ron with a package in hand."Thanks man," Ron took it.

I frowned at that, my anger and disappointment forgotten at the weird event that took place. "Uh, not now. Later. Go on," Ron shoos the boy away and I frown some more.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, voicing my thoughts.

"I told him I'd get him your autograph if he brought me my mail," Ron shrugs and scans the package. "Oh look, Mum sent me something."

He opens the package and I watch in mild amusement, I craned my neck to get a better look at it. Knside is a hideous maroon and orange robe, I turned away after that, it was too ugly to keep looking at.