thirty-three

I ENDED UP IN PROFESSOR McGonagall's office, having been summoned for my inappropriate exchange with Umbridge. I enter the office holding my breath a bit because an angry Minnie is a scary Minnie.

"Is it true? Did you shout at Professor Umbridge?" She asks calmly.

"Yes." I admitted with a flat tone.

"Have a biscuit, Ms.Evans." She gestures to the plate of cookies on her table and I grabbed one, calming down once the delicious taste of pastry reached my taste buds. "Now I don't approve of your behaviour but I can't say I blame you."

I bit my lip to suppress my smile while she continues to smile at me with a familiar twinkle in her eyes.

***

Classes finally ended and we're now in the common room trying to discuss what Umbridge is doing in this school cause as convincing as my argument was earlier, that can't be the only reason the Ministry sent that. . . that thing over here to teach!

"Let's just get started on the essay Snape assigned us earlier," Hermione offered making Ron groan and she glared at him. "You're a Prefect now so stop slacking!"

"I would love to but I gotta go do detention with Umbridge." I said bitterly, dreading having to see her face longer for today and the rest of the week because apparently she had a change of heart and decided to give me 2 weeks worth of detention.

"You shouldn't have defended me." Harry said quietly. "Now you got yourself detention."

I shook my head profusely. "You would've done the same thing for me and that thing was getting to my nerves."

"Did Lily just call Umbridge a 'thing'?" Ron asked, holding back his laughter.

"I'll see you lot later." I bid them goodbye, kissing Harry on the cheek before walking out. Pausing by the door when I heard some whispers erupt from them seeing me kiss Harry, oops? I forgot the school was yet to know about my status.

***

I enter the room which is Umbridge's office and tried my hardest not to gag at the bold colour of pink being shoved to my face and gripped my robes so stop myself from insulting her condescending grin.

"Ms.Evans. Sit down." She gestured to one of the many empty seats and I did so as told. Just to get this over with. "You'll be doing lines."

"I haven't got a quill." I told her, I was expecting a different kind of detention.

"No matter, you'll be using a rather special one of mine." I felt uneasiness take over me when she sets down a blood-red quill on the table in front of me. "You will write "My blood is laced with filth" until I tell you to stop. Understand?"

My jaw dropped, is this allowed? Is a school staff really allowed to make me write that extremely prejudice and discriminatory line over and over as a punishment for calling her out? I tried to speak but the sinister grin on her face made me stop.

Two weeks of detention. I remind myself. You got two weeks worth of detention, Lily. Just suck it up for now and write those stupid lines and you can forget everything that happened in this ugly pink room.

I picked up the quill and looked around. "There's no ink."

"Oh," Umbridge tilts her head a bit to the side. "You won't need ink."

I nod along and began writing down whatever cruel line she told me to write and upon finishing the line, I felt a sharp pain on my hand and dropped the quill. I look at my hand and spy the "My blood is laced with filth" being carved onto my hand and the pain felt like I was being stabbed over and over.

"Is there a problem, Ms.Evans?" Umbridge asked, her stupidly wicked grin on proud display.

I picked up the quill again, gripping it with my bleeding hand and hissing under my breath to try and lessen the pain but nothing was working. The pain was very much there and proving to stay until however long.

But I won't give her that satisfaction. I refuse to let this ugly toad of a woman get under my skin, she can scar me all she wants but she'll never see me break. I'm much rather do a split in front of Voldemort and his stupid followers than have her watch me weep.

"No." I replied with a bright grin, satisfied upon seeing her left eye twitch and her smile straining. "Everything is perfect." I added to irritate her more and went back to writing the lines, trying to calm my breathing because holy hell, this hurts.

With a trembling hand, I left Umbridge's office. That sadist bid me goodbye after an hour of writing lines over and over, I looked down at my bleeding hand and felt the tears build up. I could only keep up the tough act for so long.

"Evans?" I turned and spied Draco frowning at me, his eyes landed on my hand and he rushed to walk over and inspect my hand. His brows furrowed, I couldn't tell if he was confused or angry or both.

"This was your detention?" Draco asked, obviously having heard of my exchange with Umbridge earlier. I curtly nodded, taking my hand back when it began stinging again. Oh! and it's still bleeding so I badly need a towel or handkerchief.

"Guess Umbridge hates being called ugly as sin." I joked and winced when it began to sting some more.

"You should've just kept quiet." Draco scolded me, handing his scarf over and I accepted it. Wrapping the silver and green scarf around my hand to apply pressure and stop the bleeding.

"I can't keep quiet when she calls my boyfriend a liar in front of everyone." I rolled my eyes and looked back up at him. "Thanks for the scarf, Milloy."

But he looked taken aback, like I just told him I kissed Snape or something as bad because he looks absolutely flabbergasted.

"You're dating Potter?" He asked which jogged my memory. Right! I haven't told him about the newest update on my relationship with Harry.

"Yeah," I bit my lip to suppress my grin. "That bloody git finally made his mind up about me."

I frowned when Draco's brows remained furrowed, he just continued staring at me. A look of hurt briefly flashed in his features and before I could ask what happened he turned away and began walking away without another word.

I was about to call for him when I heard Harry's voice call my name, so I turned and spied him approaching me with hurried footsteps. "How was detention?" He asked.

I didn't get a chance to reply when his eyes landed on the scarf around my hand and he sneered. "Why do you have his scarf on your hand?" He asked.

I thought of an excuse but figured what's the use? He's gonna find out sooner or later so I took the scarf off a bit, showing him my hand decorated with carvings of the words "My blood is laced with filth".

His eyes turned dark, tracing his thumb over the cruel words indented on my skin and let out a curse under his breath. "Umbridge will pay for this."

-

DOUBLE UPDATE CAUSE I FINALLY GOT ANTI RADIATION GLASSES AND MY HEAD NO LONGER HURTS WHEN WRITING!