fifty-eight

Note : If I messed up the timeline and flow of events because I've decided to switch the dates some events take place- no I didn't. You know nothing. 

I  HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TRIGGERS THE MEMORIES TO COME. For all I know it could just be that one memory of the little kids, but I have a very strong feeling there's more than one. I just wish I could control when I would see them.

I wonder what happened to these kids that someone had stored the memories in a necklace and left it in the room of requirements. I am really invested in their story. I hope I get to see more soon.

I've also decided to keep it a secret. I plan to learn everything about the necklace first before I tell anyone about them. I wonder if Rose saw me finding this necklace too. If she did then I'll know when she brings it up.

Right now, I'm sulking. I happen to miss Harry acting like he had been under the influence of a love potion like Ron but less weird and more confident because of my little quest with the necklace.

But it's no time to fret when he came back looking troubled. I'm guessing whatever information he found out wasn't exactly some funny blackmail material against Slughorn. I put my book down and opened my arms, he was quick to settle beside me and let me wrap my arms around him.

The aim is to comfort Harry but since I'm already here, I glared at Romilda Vane watching us from the corner of the common room and she immediately avoided my gaze. She turned away and disappeared from my view.

"How was it?"

He lets out a deep sigh. Then began telling me about the Horcruxes and how that no-nose weirdo made seven for good measure. So far, they've destroyed two and I'm guessing our goal would be is to destroy all seven before defeating him successfully.

"It makes sense now that I think about it. He was said to be a brilliant student and really talented in magic. He was powerful but he was mortal."

The desperation of that man- no, monster to split his soul into pieces! I can't imagine just what kind of corrupted heart he has to be able to do that much. Tom Riddle. . .what happened to you?

"Dumbledore is taking me to find another one, I'm the only one allowed to go with him." 

I understand he's telling me that I can't tag along and I understand. It's just him and Dumbledore together on this one, I do wish I was there to be of help but I'll trust Dumbledore's judgement on this one.

I know he'd do everything to protect Harry.

"Then just be careful and don't die."

"Can't die. I have to marry you still."

I chuckled, running my fingers through his hair. Merlin, they're soft! I need to know what shampoo he uses 'cause my hair needs to take down notes. 

"I'll kill you if you die."

That didn't make any sense but he gets it. 

***

I can tell Harry's worried over the whole going with Dumbledore to destroy another Horcrux. I wish I could do something to help him but the only idea I can come up with is go get that Horcrux myself and destroy it alone.

Which is impossible so I'll just keep snogging him until he's distracted enough.

I'm kidding.

I'm not Lavender Brown, and speaking of her- she and Ron have been in a really weird situation lately. Lavender keeps looking at him like she's some puppy being denied treats. As for Ron, he's just doing his best to avoid her gaze.