thirteen

I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW WE GOT HERE. It was all a blur to me. One minute we're mourning Buckbeak, next we're getting attacked by a tree and now? We're standing face-to-face with the fugitive Sirius Black.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" Ron shouts, showing off his Gryffindor bravery.

"No. Only one will die tonight," Black replies and I find it odd how I'm not the slightest bit of scared right now. He escaped Azkaban and got Harry's parents killed yet, I did not feel threatened.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry shouts. Why is everyone shouting?

"Harry no!" Hermione shouts too, now I'm left wondering I should shout too.

But I didn't get a chance to when we heard footsteps. I watched as Black wheels towards the door and I slowly reached for my wand, just in case. My sense of knowing danger might be off but I'm not taking any chances.

"Going to kill me, Harry?" He asks, and I turn my gaze to Harry who's gripping his wand. His hand shaking violently.

"Yes." Harry answered with a tone I was afraid of. He raised his wand but before any spell could be uttered, the door crashes open. It's Professor Lupin. What?

"Professor Lupin!" The trio exclaims while I keep quiet on the sideline from too much confusion. I am only 14 and I will die tonight, anybody else concerned about that?

The Professor ignored our presence and eyed Black with so much intensity but familiarity. He was an old friend, from what I've heard.

"Looking a bit ragged aren't we, Sirius?" Lupin coos. "Finally the skin reflects the madness within."

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?"

I watched the exchange, holding my breath in anticipation for anything that might shock me. I need to be prepared if the two of them decides to fire spells and get me in the middle, or my friends hurt.

But instead, Lupin stepped forward and hugged Black. I almost aw'd at the action but the moment was ruined when Hermione spoke up, so much betrayal in her voice I almost teared up as well.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you and all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione points angrily at Lupin. "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

Now, that, is a plot twist.

"How long have you known?"

"Since Professor Snape set the essay,"

"You're the brightest with of your age I've ever met, Hermione."

I felt my forehead slowly wrinkle. Am I allowed to offended? This is not a competition but I feel like I should be a little hurt.