...and I know I'm not perfect...

~Mason's point of view~

I walk to the corner of the playground and wave when I see Addison looking around searching for me. She walks towards me and puts her jacket on the green grass before sitting down, probably to prevent her jeans and white shoes to get messed up. I sit down next to her, take a deep breath and say:''Um... I wanted to ask you something. I'm sorry for reacting so upset to your question. It just came a little...unexpected. But there's something staying in my mind. I could hear in your voice that you know something, or have like a thought or something and it sounded like you wanted to verify it by asking me. Is that true?'' She looks at the ground and nods. Then she looks at me again:''Yes. That's correct. I'm surprised that you could hear that in my voice! How did you do that?'' I smile:''I don't know. I don't really know you, but it seems like you are an open book to me. I don't know. But what do you know then?'' ''When I saw you the first day of school, I thought you looked a lot like Jay. When you said that you know your parents are called Derek and Olivia and you have a twin brother named Jack or Jay or something like that, it seems like the puzzle fit, since Jay's parents have the same names. That was just a thought, but I don't know for sure.'' I let her words sink in. Did I just found my biological family back?

~Addison's point of view~

Mason has been sitting there, thinking, for two minutes now and I have no idea what to do. Suddenly, I get an idea:''Wait here, I'll be back in a second,'' I tell him and run to Jay, pulling him away and excusing us to Emmanuel. I make Jay sit on my jacket and sit next to him. ''So, Mason. If my thoughts are right, Jay has to be able to find some evidence at home. He goes back to his dad...your dad...ehh...Derek, today and he hasn't been there for 8 years, but he knows where things are at his house, so maybe he'll find a picture or something like that in the attic or in the basement or any other place where he can find old pictures. We can at least try, can we?'' I see Jay looking at me surprised. Eventually, he says:''And can I know what is happening?'' I tell him the exact same thing as I told Mason. Jay nods:''My parents never showed me old pictures, can be that they kept that from me. I'll ask my dad about it.'' I look at Mason and see that he wants to say something, but somehow he doesn't have the courage and closes his mouth again. ''What is it, Mason?'' I ask him. He looks at his feet and whispers:''Why do you want to ask your dad only? Your mother can possibly know something about it too. Is she really called Olivia?'' I take Jay into my arms and whisper it's okay and that Mason can't know what has happened. I tell Jay he should walk and I'll explain to Mason what's going on. Jay gives me another hug, gives me a kiss, whispers:''Thank you,'' against my lips and walks away, touching Mason's shoulder to encourage him before walking back to Emmanuel. I sigh and tell him everything Jay has been through the last 9 years of his life. Mason listens in disbelief and I can see tears in his eyes, but he doesn't let them go. After I told him everything, I sigh and hug Mason to comfort him a little, but the annoying sound makes me pull away and stand up to go to our next class...

~After school, Jay's point of view~

I close my suitcase and sigh. Here we go then. I take my guitar and start playing the song that means so much to me and Addison. I wrote it a couple weeks ago and it became our favorite song. I just play the melody, but at the point the lyrics has to start, I hear an angelic voice singing every word. I keep playing and feel that someone sits down next to me. I look up to drown in the beautiful eyes that belong to my beautiful girlfriend. Her voice is AMAZAYN! She sings so well!

The song 👇🏻

When I hit the last chord, the sound fades away and I can feel the pleasant silence embracing me like a blanket

When I hit the last chord, the sound fades away and I can feel the pleasant silence embracing me like a blanket. I look over to Addison, to find her gazing at me with a smile on her face. I feel a tear running down my cheek, but before I can wipe it away with the back of my hand, Addison lays her hand on my cheek and wipes the tear away with her thumb. I smile at her and lean in. The moment our lips connect, all my sadness and thoughts flow away and I can only think of her. I still feel the electric shocks that feel so good, the moment we pull away. I rest my forehead against hers, look her in the eyes and say:''Addi, I love you.'' She smiles and whispers:''I love you too, Adonis. So much.'' I frown at that nickname. She laughs and explains why she called me Adonis. It's basically a name from a Greek story or myth or something, about a prince called Adonis and he was told to be super handsome. Nowadays, people use it to name a very good-looking young-man. You can probably tell I was pretty flattered. That's the first creative nickname she gave me and it already means the world to me! We cuddle until the doorbell rings through the house and we both know it is my dad, who came to pick me up. I sigh and stand up carefully, making sure Addison doesn't hurt herself since she was lying on my chest. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and turn around, to find Addison really close to me. Like really close. I drown in her eyes and smile, before my lips land on hers shortly and softly. I hug her another time and let her walk through my old bedroom door first, to stand still for a second in the doorway. I see the now empty room that belonged to me since I was 7 years old. I think of all the memories I made here. I will miss it here, so much, I already know that for sure. After a sigh, I turn around, close the door and walk downstairs, feeling the strength of the supportive hand of Addison gently laying in my shaky and clammy hand.
I look down at our hands and smile at Addison. She smiles too. When I open the door to the living room and see my father sitting on the couch, at the exact same place I sat down when I heard the news about mom, I kind of feel sad and confused by the weird feeling that's flowing through my veins. I'm also confused by the thought that pops up in my head:"Is this the right thing to do? What if dad is just manipulating me and he will show his old self again?" "NO!" I scream to myself, not realizing I yelled that out loud. Everyone suddenly goes silent and they all dart their gaze at me. I turn aroun and walk through the hallway to the kitchen, to then go to the backyard. I walk to the big oak tree that has always given me shelter when I wanted to be alone. Addison and I sometimes sit here for hours on, without saying a word. Sometimes we watch a movie on my laptop that we downloaded earlier, or we eat some snacks. Other times we talk for hours about the most random things or I sit here alone, playing on my guitar or thinking about stuff. I sit down on the branch I always sit on. It's right next to the branch Addison sits on most of the time. The two branches are next to each other almost at the top of the tree. From the ground, you can barely see me sitting, due to the amount of leaves the tree has. I close my eyes and enjoy the sound of the soft breeze.

Is he going to stay with Addison? Or will he decide to trust his father and go with him?

It's your choice now.  In the next chapter, you'll see that you have 2 choices. Choose wisely:

Choice 1: Jay stays with Addison, because he has doubts and wants to take the safe way. He also rather chooses for love than an unknown fresh start with his father.

Choice 2: Jay decides to trust his father and goes to his old house with his father. He loves Addsion with all his heart, but family is super important and he already lost his mother, so he wants to work on the relationship with his father, since life's short and you never know when it's over. He wants to make positive memories with his father and can't wait for his father to meet his beautiful girlfriend, who he is so proud of.

____________________________________

Oooooh, what are you choosing? Don't worry, you have until next monday to think about it, so you have plenty of time. And you can even read the other choice too if you're too curious :). I'll copy the choices and what they contain in the next chapter, so you won't have to look back to this chapter to reread it. I'll see you next chapter! (I'm sorry if it turns out bad, but this is the first time I do this, I'll try my best.) I hope it turns out well, because I read book wich had some choices too, and I loved it!

I'll see you next week!

All the love

xxx Dieuwke