...we break what we have...

~Emmanuel's point of view~

Today, I invited Jay and Addison for a sleepover. Since Mason and Jay discovered they're brothers, they grew so close together, which resulted in Mason unofficially joining the friend group. We have a lot of fun together and today, we will act like Mason isn't invited, but invite him later on to welcome him into the group. I'm really excited, because Mason told me a few days a go he never felt like he fit in. I feel really bad for all the bad things that happened to him in his life. He's been through a lot and he just turned 17! I go downstairs, almost trip, well done Emmanuel and enter the kitchen to prepare some snacks for us. I take two bags of chips and fill two bowls. Then, I also fill three little bowls with candy and put four glasses on the counter and a bottle of coca cola, one bottle of sprite and a bottle of water, since I know Addison isn't that big of a fan of soft drinks. I look at the time and nod, I still have two hours before Jaddi arrives. I go upstairs and put the bench and the two bean bags in a circle around my little coffee table. I'll put a big tray with the food and drinks on it there, so everyone can reach it. I also take some sleeping bags and two air matresses, I already know Jay will share a matress with Addi or Mason, so no need to put three air matresses. As you probably already noticed, I'm lazy 😁. When everything is ready, I still have 30 minutes left. I take my phone and put some music on, connect my phone to my bleutooth speaker and playing all the songs Jay and Addison recorded in Jay's studio. They always send those songs to me and Mason for feedback, not that they need that, because we always say the same thing: it's amazing, great, beautiful etc. etc. I put all the songs in a playlist so I can listen to them. I have over 70 sings at the moment, they really have so much talent and they started recording the ones they already had first and a few weeks ago they sent me the first new song. After that, twenty songs followed and now I have over 70 songs written and recoreded by them. The recording keeps getting better and better, as Jay learns more and more on the production of a song. I saw them woring on a song last week and it was fascinating. They work together as an oiled machine, they make it look so easy (this sentence makes me think of drag me down by one direction, help 😆). I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the doorbell ring. That must be Jaddison. I run downstairs and open the door, realizing the snacks and drinks aren't upstairs yet. I greet the two of them and let them walk to my room, telling them I'll follow with the snacks and drinks. When I arrive upstairs, I almost melt away when I see Jay and Addison, sitting on the bench, looking at each other and smiling as they are clearly hypnotized by their misic playing and of course, the other one's eyes staring into theirs. I walk into the room, not able to hold back a smile that makes my cheeks hurt. I put the tray on the coffee table and sit down on one of the bean bags next to the bench they are sitting on. They look at me with stars of excitement in their eyes. I smile and break the silence:''you can take a snack or drink if you want to. When are we surprising Mason?'' Jay thinks for a second before answering:''I think we can do it now, Mason was all stressed out when I left to come here. He thinks you're mad at him for intruding or something.'' I nod and laugh:''Ow, I feel so bad now. Little does he know.'' Addison and Jay laugh too. Then Jay takes his phone and goes to the hallway to call Mason. The music is too loud in here, he wouldn't be able to hear Mason clearly. Me and Addison make some small talk until Jay comes back. ''He'll be here in ten,'' Jay says, a big smile plastered on his face. I'm so excited for his reaction!

~15 minutes later~

The doorbell rings and I jump up to go downstairs, leaving Jaddison in my room. I open the front door and welcome Mason. He looks stressed out and I really need to keep myself from laughing. ''Hey Mason, come inside! Jaddi is upstairs,'' I tell him having the biggest smile on my face, but feeling bad for him. He actually thinks I'm mad at him? Why does he think I'm mad at him? Because I didn't invite him? His insecurity about himself still surprises me. We go upstairs and we enter my room, Jaddison immediately stopping their conversation when they heared us coming up the stairs, so Mason wouldn't think anything of it. Jay and Addison stand up and give Mason a hug, before sitting down and taking some snacks (of course we're always hungry and always lazy teenagers, what did you think? 😁🙄). The room went silent, so I break the silence by saying:''Mason, we called you here because we need to tell slash ask you something.'' Mason's eyes went wide, he was freaking out so hard right now, it was breaking my heart. I let Jay say the rest. ''You've been hanging out with us for a few months now, so we wanted to ask you wether you wanted to join the friend group?'' Jay asks, making Mason sigh in relief. His face relaxes and he puts on a smile:''Of course! Carrot, you made me scared! I thought you guys were mad at me! Never do that again please!'' Me, Jay and Addison burst out in laughter at his reaction. ''We felt so bad!'' I tell Mason, Jaddison nodding. This is going to be the best sleepover ever!

______________________

Yoohoo, a chapter without drama filled with friendship! I'm loving it! Since the big end is near, I want to save the drama and give you a nice and peaceful chapter! Did you like it? I hope so!
See you next chapter!
All the love ❤️

xxx Dieuwke