...but I think I found an exception...

I still don't know what that moment meant when we came back from school. Is Jay thinking about it too? I have no idea. In the past, I went to Jay when I couldn't sleep, but now I'm not sure. I have no idea how I feel about Jay right now. Isn't it wrong to fall in love with your best friend? I really don't know! I don't even know for sure if he felt that too. I think I saw it in his eyes that he felt hypnotized too, that he also felt those electric shocks going through his hands. I open my eyes and sigh. It's not possible too sleep right now. I look at my alarm clock: 2 A.M. Nice! I only know one place where I can relax and fall asleep, but is that a good idea? Oh, who cares! I probably imagined it! I stand up and open the door to the hallway.

~Jay's point of view~
''Jay? Are you awake?'' an angelic voice whispers. I open my eyes and look in the eyes of Addison. Wow, she's close! I can feel her breath on my lips. She jumps up and looks at her feet. I smile:''Now I am awake. What's wrong angel?''

~Addison's point of view~

Angel? That nickname is new! Normally, he calls me Addi! I feel my cheeks turn red and look up. I look straight in his eyes. I feel the nerves run through my veins and bite my lip. I see his expression change. I have never seen him look like that. What's happening? I find my voice back and say:''I really can't sleep, I just keep thinking about this afternoon. I'm sorry if I imagined it, but I felt weird. Like, hypnotized and I felt electric shocks through my hand when I touched your hand and it felt weird but good. I'm so sorry, but I really want to know if you felt it too and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep alone. And...And...'' I don't come any further, because Jay stands up and takes my hands into his.

~Jay's point of view~

My mouth is open because I'm surprised! When her words come through and I actually realise what she's saying, I stand up, take her hands into mine and start saying something I never thought I would be able to say:''Addi! You don't have to say anything! Just listen to me right now, okay?'' She nods and I take a deep breath:''I felt the same way, Addison. I thought that you didn't feel the same way and that it would ruin our friendship, but now, standing here in front of you, makes me realise one thing: I can't be friends with you when I feel like this about you. I really want to try and make it work between us! It doesn't have to be awkward or something, because in a relationship, you can both be best friends and more than that. If you want to, we first date for awhile, but I want nothing else than be with you, because I love you with every piece of me! So, what do you say?'' I look her in the eyes. She smiles and says something I would never think she would say:''let's try being more than friends, Jay. I love you too and that's what love needs to be all about.'' I smile and drown in her eyes. My heart takes control and the space between our lips becomes smaller and smaller. I close my eyes and let my lips fall on hers. I never want this to end. We pull back, lie down and fall asleep, me with in my arms, the girl I love. ''Goodnight, angel.''

~the next morning~

When I wake up and feel her warm body in my arms, I realise this wasn't a dream. I can really call her mine! I open my eyes and get startled when I notice how close she lays with her lips from mine! I smile and kiss her. When I pull back, I see she's awake too. ''Good morning, my prince,'' she says with the biggest smile on her face. I smile too. My heart just seems to glow when she called me prince. I kiss her again. ''Oh my god! Finally! Mom! Dad! They finally realised they are perfect for each other!'' I look at the doorway and give Diego a poker-face. ''Seriously, bro?'' He laughs and that moment, mom and dad come in (I call them mom and dad because I live with them). They smile when they see Addison, hiding her face in my chest to make sure no one sees her blushing. I laugh:''Angel, we know you're blushing! Don't worry, you look cute as hell when you blush.'' She growls and whispers:''Do you really needed to say that! Now I'm blushing even more!'' I laugh and lift her chin up to make her look at me. I smile at her and say:''They already know it, so I don't need to be sneaky when I do this.'' Her eyes widen when she realises what I'm about to do, but she's too late to do something about it. i close my eyes and we lock lips. When we pull back, we both have the biggest smiles on our faces. Mom, dad and Diego are screaming:''OOOOOOOOOOOOH! You already have nicknames for each other and can't sleep without the other half, OMG! We'll leave you two alone, be downstairs in 10!'' They go away with a wink and a weird smirk. I look her in the eyes. She tries to look serious when she says:''Did you really have to do that?'' We both laugh when I nod:''And I would do it all over again.'' I kiss her one more time, go out of bed and walk to my closet. I take one of my shirts and throw it to Addi. She frowns, but before she can say anything I say:''You always take my clothes, so now you're mine so you can wear my clothes all the time.'' I smile and put on my clothes. Addison's eyes widen. ''What? You didn't mind it as friends so why would it be different now?'' I say. I walk towards Addison and squat in front of her. I look in her eyes, take her hand and say:''Angel, nothing has changed, except for the fact that we love each other more than just best friends for life. Now, we are still best friends for life, but also boyfriend and girlfriend. No need to be embarrassed. We both never had a relationship, so we'll do this together, okay?'' I kiss her forehead and take her to her bedroom. I walk towards her closet, take a black skinny jeans and give it to her:''I'll go and take my shoes in my room, meanwhile, you can change, okay?'' She smiles and nods:''Thank you, Jay, thank you for understanding me.'' I kiss her on the lips:''No need to thank me for that, angel.'' I walk to my room and put on my shoes. When I walk through the hallway to go to Addison, I hear her sing. Wait, she can sing? I listen closely and hear that she has talent! I walk inside:''Hey Addi, you really have a good voice, how come I never noticed it?'' She smiles:''Thanks other half!'' I laugh. She's been using that nickname for years! And it's so true: we complete each other! We are each other's other half. I take her hand and walk towards the stairs. When we're about to go down, I pick her up in bridestyle and walk down the stairs. Addison screams and laughs the whole way. I don't put her down, until we're in front of her chair at the table. I put her down on her chair and sit down next to her. ''I can walk for myself, other half, no need for carrying me!'' She says with a big smile on her face. I smile:''I know, but I wanted to surprise you. And maybe scare you a little.'' She punches me softly and starts eating her breakfast.

_____________________

This was the next chapter! Hope you liked it as much as I do! Can someone think of a nickname Addison can use for Jay? I would really like a creative one, bit I can't think of something! I wrote this with the biggest smile on my face, my dad litterally thought I was chatting with a boyfriend or something 🤣 haha awkward! I'm litterally surprised about the amount of reads on my first story, dream boy! At the moment, it has 538 reads! That's so much! Thank you so much for everything and I hope you'll enjoy this story as much as the first story!
See you next adventure!

xxx Dieuwke