...but the important thing is now...

~The day after the exams, Roy's point of view~

I feel the warmth of the sun tickling my eyelids and smile. Today is going to be a good day! I'm meeting Addison later in the park nearby. Wait, the sun is shining. Wait, that means it's late. I jump up and take my phone. 11.15 am. I'm meeting Addison at 11.45! I throw my phone on my bed, rush to the bathroom, wash my face and brush my teeth, get dressed, make my bed and clean my room to make sure mom isn't going to be mad. I go downstairs, grab an apple and get to the park. I look at the screen of my phone and see that I made it just in time, it's 11.42 am. When I look up and put my phone in my pocket, I notice a familiar girl with blonde hair and beautiful eyes sitting on the bench near the entrance of the park. I smile and walk towards Addison.

~conversation between Roy and Addison~
(•Roy AND -Addison)

•Hi, Addison! How are you?
-Hey, I'm good and you?
•I'm great! Thank you for coming! I really wanted to talk to you.
-No worries, but what did you want to talk about?
•I want to explain something. I will try to explain exactly what happened from the moment you closed the front door and went home after you broke up with me. And I really want you to listen because I did some bad things and I want you to know why. So after you walked out the door that day, I felt broken and lost. Icdidn't know what to do with my feelings for you and I realized I'd lost you and that I couldn't make you as happy as other guys can. It hurt me to see you at school with Jay, since you always told me there was nothing but friendship between you two. But there wasn't when we were together. I understand that now. I understand you didn't plan to fall in love with him and you didn't plan getting confused and break up with me. I wanted to talk to you again to ask you if you really didn't feel anything for me, so I went to your house. I rang the doorbell and your mother answered the door. She greeted me and asked me if I came for you. I nodded and she let me in. I went upstairs and I saw that the door of your room was open, so I stepped inside. No one was there, so I sat down on the bed. I just couldn't sit comfortable, I felt like there was something under the matress bothering me. So I checked and found a notebook. Now I know that's your diary. I opened it on a random page and read had feelings for me, but I didn't look at the title or the date. Well, I did read that but didn't really realize it wasn't recent. Then you came in and I thoought it was a good idea to let you know I still had feelings for you, but only because I read you had feelings for me too. And yeah, you know what happened after. I also sent you a message on Snapchat to tell you I'd give you space, so I did. I figured your life is better without me, so I gave you space. That's why I was so happy when you called a few days a go to check in on me. I really hope you understand.
-I knew that it was all a misunderstanding that night, but now I know the whole story. That text message did cost my relationship with Jay, but I appreciated the fact you wanted to give me space. There's something I want to ask you, something that doesn't make sense in my head.
•Go ahead!
-Well, the night I came home from the hospital, I immediately fell asleep and Jay too. My mom told me the next day that you came by?
•Yes, I did. And I'll be honest with you: it hurt like hell seeing you sleeping in his arms. However, I was relieved to know someone was there for you and supported you, I knew you weren't on your own and that was relieving.
-I'm really sorry you had to go through all of this and I really hope we can be friends. I really don't want to lose you!
•That's totally fine with me, I don't want to lose you either! You are an amazing person and a great friend!

We talked, laughed and got ice cream and for three more hours, I forgot everything around me and genuinely had fun with a close friend!

_________________________

I'm sorry the latest two chapters have been so short, I just thought I'd keep it simple for a few chapters, since this story really is filled with drama! The end is also filed with drama, so I wanted to keep it calm and simple for the change!
Hope you liked reading, see you next chapter!
All the love ❤️

xxx Dieuwke