Twenty four

That day was just like any other day. Taehyung prepared for work as usual. When he was done, he texted Jimin but there wasn't any response.

Thinking that Jimin was probably busy, Taehyung headed downstairs feeling light hearted but then stopped short when he saw his parents sitting in the living room. Their countentance screamed unapproachable and they had fierce expressions on their faces.

Taehyung was terrified when he finally stopped at the sitting room.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Mr Kim glared at him. "Did you think you could hide it forever? You're a disgrace!" He swore

Taehyung began fearing the worst but he didn't dare jump to conclusions.

"I don't understand"

Mrs Kim smirked. "Maybe this will trigger your memory"

She jumped up from the couch and marched towards him with calculated steps. She stopped right in front of him and stuck the screen of her phone to his face. Taehyung froze upon seeing the image of the two of them taken from that music festival.

"My friend's daughter had this  picture taken. My friend recognized you immediately and immediately showed it to me! Do you have any idea how embarrassed I was? Why did you do this Taehyung? Explain your self!" She yelled

Taehyung thought of denying it but that wouldn't be fair to Jimin. To the both of them. It would mean he was ashamed of their relationship and he wasn't ashamed of it. Now that he had been asked directly like this, there was no running away. He was going to face this head on.

He took a deep breath. "It's what it looks like mom. Jimin is my boyfriend"

Mrs Kim looked like she was going to faint. She stumbled and Mr Kim held her firmly.

"What did you say?" He said

" It's exactly what you heard Dad!"

Mr Kim shook his head. "We knew you weren't a normal kid and we accepted it. No matter how much we tried to pray that spirit out of you, nothing ever worked so we accepted this curse"

He bit his lips. "But it could have been anyone else. Anyone with a good reputation at least. Someone who comes from a good family. Anyone but Jimin!"

Taehyung heaved. "Why? Why can't it be him?"

Mrs Kim regained herself and stared stonily at Taehyung. "Because it can never be him. His parents decieved us. We thought they were a part of our circle but it turned out they were really nobodies. Their son was actually a criminal hanging out with druggies, thieves and alcoholics.."

"But he has never hurt anyone!'

Mr Kim widened his eyes. "You defend him?"

"Jimin might not be perfect but he is a good person, at least with with me. He cares for me like no one else does. He protects me. He pulled me out from the deepest darkest pit. He gave me the will to live. When you both abandoned me and made me forget who I really was, he was the only one who put in an effort to help me remember"

He scoffed bitterly. "I was a jerk to him several times because I was trying to please you two but I can't do that anymore because i now realise that I can never please you. I can never make the both of you happy when I'm not even happy with myself. I can never be the son you've always wanted me to be...I can never be Jin!"

"Don't you dare say his name!" Mrs Kim yelled.

"And if I do, what will happen? You'll disown me?"

Taehyung scoffed. "I think I was always preparing for this moment. Since the time I decided to date Jimin, I had already sentenced myself to this day so I'm not afraid anymore"