Fourteen

Taehyung's legs slowly got better. Jimin was of great assistance during the healing process. He helped him with his day to day activities whenever he could. Submitting his assignments, buying him meals and other essentials. He had to be on bed rest for the first three days before he could walk around without much difficulty. Jimin tutored Taehyung three times in a week but on some days, he was out of reach and Taehyung tried not to develop too much curiosity over how Jimin spends his time. For all he knew, he was whoring around as usual. Nothing new.

One particular day, they where alone in Taehyung's room. Jimin was searching for a book so he asked Taehyung for it. The latter pointed to the drawer beside his bed.

Without saying a word, Jimin opened the drawer and began rummaging through it when his eyes caught sight of a small pocket book. The book cover was white in color with black stripes at the back.

His breath hung when he saw this painfully familiar book. There was no mistaking it. It was the book. He stood fixed on that spot staring at it as so many thoughts passed through his mind. He had thought Taehyung was completely done and over with it yet why was he still with this book? And it even seemed to be in good condition too.

Swallowing hard, he flipped through a page, pity filling his entire being. He didn't know why but this was too sad. He felt like crying.

"Jimin, haven't you found it?" Taehyung murmured and turned to him but his eyes widened with horror as soon as it landed on the book.

Despite his bad leg, he flew so quickly from where he sat and appeared beside Jimin frowning hard. Snatching the book from him breathlessly, he shouted.

"What are you doing?..."

Jimin was confused by his action "I...I..."

"Look, it's nothing..."

Jimin finally found his voice and shook his head. "From what I can see, it isn't nothing Tae...you still have your song book...."

Taehyung froze as Jimin continued. "I thought you got rid of everything music in your life including that book. I had no idea you were still holding on to it"

Taehyung bit his lips hard. "Just forget you ever saw it. It's nothing. It's already in the past..."

Jimin scoffed. "it doesn't seem that way to me"

Taehyung turned away from him and quickly kept the book back inside the drawer, his cheeks red from embarrassment.

"You miss it don't you?" Jimin whispered.

Silence.

"I know you do. It couldn't have been that easy to walk away from your dream...You can tell me if it's hard. I won't judge you"

Taehyung sniffed trying to hold back his tears. "What does it matter? I can never ever sing again. My dreams of becoming a musician is over. It doesn't exist anymore so please just drop it"

He inhaled deeply looking forlorn.

Jimin stared at Taehyung. His mouth was saying something but his eyes was definitely saying another. He wanted to hold his hand and tell him everything was okay. He wanted to tell him that he didn't have to try so hard to be something he wasn't but he knew Taehyung would never listen to him.

He could remember when they were young and growing up, how much Taehyung loved music. How he would brag about becoming a popular singer. Jimin had laughed at him then telling him it was wishful thinking. That there was no way someone as mediocre as him would make it as an idol but they were thirteen years old when Taehyung dragged him to the roof top of their music building when school was over. He was smiling from ear to ear, a guitar strapped between his hands.