Twenty Seven

For the short time they were together, they lived like the locals in the village. There was no electricity so Jimin would go into the forest to cut down some woods which they used for cooking and making fire to keep them warm during the cold nights. At night, they would lie in each other's arms discussing about nothing about falling into endless love making that made them immobile sometimes. Acting like a domestic couple was fun while it lasted.

Taehyung didn't want to leave. He wished he could stay right here with Jimin until he was sick and tired of it but there was no telling when they would be in danger soon coupled with the fact that their plan was underway and school had reopened so three days later, Taehyung packed his things to leave.

Jimin stood in front of him straightening his jacket and brushing off the non existent dust.

"I'll come and see you soon. Be careful okay"

Taehyung nodded in agreement trying hard not to cry but eventually, the tears spilled and he wailed loudly, crying over Jimin's shoulders.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "yah... I'll be fine"

Then he paused and stared at Taehyung's reddened face.

"You hurt me whenever you cry like this"

Taehyung wiped his eyes. "I'm sorry"

"It's okay" Jimin whispered and used his finger tips to wipe off the tears on his face. Then hugged him one last time.

"Go" he whispered softly and gently pushed him towards the cab waiting few meters away. Taehyung sniffed and reluctantly turned around. He walked slowly towards the car but it was not long before he turned back again and ran straight into Jimin's arms.

This time Jimin cried. The tears flowing down his eyes relentlessly.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I can't be like other boyfriends. I can't be a good partner to you" He choked out.

Taehyung smiled painfully. "Don't worry. I like you just the way you are. We will reunite again..."

He kissed him and ran to the cab quickly. He did that so he wouldn't rethink and turn back again.

The cab sped off quickly and within some few minutes, he had reached the bus station where he boarded a bus to Seoul. While in the bus, he received a call from Jungkook. He was arriving today as well. Taehyung felt his heart loosen up. At least, he could confide in someone about his predicament.

It was a two hour journey and he finally reached school. He immediately made his way to the dorms. When he entered his room, he found Jungkook unpacking his things.

"Kookie!" Taehyung cried as soon as he saw his friend.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook exclaimed. They both hugged.

Jungkook looked him all over.

"What happened to you? You look pale"

Taehyung shrugged. "The same goes for you. You've lost weight. You look thinner now"

Jungkook sighed. "I'm confused right now. I don't know what to do"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook as he slumped on the bed, his head bent low. He looked absolutely devastated. After some minutes, Jungkook started talking.

"My father has an injury in his left eye. He underwent five surgeries to fix it. What remains now of that injury is an ugly scar on his skin. He told us he had an accident in his factory but it was only until recently that I discovered that he was actually tortured and beaten almost to death"

"I didn't know that some years ago, my father needed money urgently. His business wasn't doing well and he couldn't get a loan from the bank so in his desperation, he went to loan sharks..."