Twenty Five

Lala's house felt warm when he entered. It was a normal looking house. A family portrait was fixed on the wall and Taehyung could hardly believe that the doe eyed looking girl standing and smiling in between two adults was Lala.

He dropped his bags at the front door and peered closely at the portrait.

"How much you've changed Lala" He said in a mocking tone as he pointed at her image.

"Yeah. I've changed"

She shrugged and bounced on the chair. "I look so different don't I? People would expect that I'd turn out differently but just look at me"

Taehyung stared at her. Her aura wasn't okay. He could sense that something wasn't right with her.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Even if he wasn't that concerned, he had to pretend at least since she was giving him a roof over his head.

"I'm not okay. My whole life is upside down" she cried as he saw her struggling not to cry but she still broke down.

Taehyung thought about it until he finally sat down beside her and waited until she had calmed a bit to talk to her. When her tears had finally ceased, he began.

"What's wrong with you? Are you in trouble?"

Lala cut in suddenly. "You see...I had always wanted to do whatever I wanted, to live as I wanted. Mom and Dad are too busy to watch what I do with my life so I was free to do as I pleased"

She stopped talking and stared at the ground. "Now, it seems all that will end"

Taehyung was confused but he stayed silent hoping she would finally unburden herself.

"I'm pregnant!" She blurted out and Taehyung blinked rapidly going completely still.

"You're what?"

"Pregnant! I found out last week and now, my life is a complete mess!"

"I don't want this! I don't want this at all!" She yelled.

"Calm down, tell me, how did this happen?"

Lala sighed. "How else? I slept with a guy, that's how it happened but do you know the worst part of it all? The baby belongs to that looser I have been trying to avoid. I only slept with him once. I know he's responsible because I haven't been with anyone else after him"

Her face had turned white and she had lost all color to her skin.

"I don't know what to do. I thought of getting an abortion but I just didn't have the heart to go through with it then I asked myself if becoming a mother is something I can do... I'm a messed up person who can't even take care of herself talk more of another life..."

Her lips kept shaking as she hugged herself tightly.

"I don't know what to do" she repeated.

Taehyung was quiet for a while before he decided to say his mind aloud.

"What else can you do? You have to take responsibility for your mistakes..."

Lala stared at him in astonishment.

"What?"

"It's time for you to stop being a child and start thinking with your head"

Lala was surprised to hear him speak so bluntly.

"You and I have never really been close but we all grew up in this neighborhood so I know you quite well."

He eyed her "You have never been one to be content. You always got whatever you wanted. It's true your parents weren't always around but that's because they were always busy working hard at their shop selling alcohol every night just to take care of you. They work so hard "