Eighteen

Jimin had woken up the next morning only to discover that Taehyung's face was mere inches away from his own. He smiled a little, thinking of how pissed off Hoseok would be knowing Taehyung had taken him to his own room and they spent the night but then, those words Hoseok had spoken to him resounded back in his head and he found his mood getting a lot worse.

He suddenly noticed that Taehyung was stirring, about to wake up so he pretended to still be sleeping. Few seconds later, Taehyung opened his eyes and discovered that Jimin was still asleep. He chuckled to himself and checked the temperature of his body by placing his hand on top of his head. The fever had completely gone down. He should be fine as soon as he wakes up.

He stood up and quickly ordered some breakfast. After bathing and changing his clothes, the food arrived. Taehyung thanked the staff who brought in the breakfast and carried the tray to the bed where Jimin was still 'sleeping'

Taehyung gently tapped him. "Jiminah...wake up" he whispered but the other remained still. He tried for the second and third time, it was only during the fourth time that Jimin stirred, pretending to yawn as he opened his eyes.

"Good morning" he said in a sweet gentle voice.

Taehyung blushed for a few seconds before returning to his normal color.

"Morning to you too. How are you feeling?"

Jimin pouted. "i still don't feel that good"

"Really? But your fever has gone down" Taehyung said with surprise.

Jimin's eyes shifted as his brain racked itself for some sort of excuse to come up with.

"Well...I think I'm just tired and I feel a bit of a headache"

Taehyung nodded. "I'm so sorry. You should eat first and see if you can get back your strength. I'll get some aspirin for your headache" He said.

Jimin nodded faintly feigning tiredness as Taehyung called room service to bring some aspirin. Jimin began to dig into the food when Taehyung spoke.

"Jiminah, what happened yesterday? If I hadn't come out to find you. You would have been wet to the bones and the situation would have become more critical"

Jimin sighed. "I'm sorry. I just zoned out...I wasn't myself..."

There was silence in the room. Taehyung looked at him. His mouth opened as if he wanted to say something then it closed back. Jimin noticed this strange behavior.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Tell me!"

Taehyung sighed. "Is it because of Suzy?"

Jimin froze. How could he tell him it wasn't because of Suzy, that it was because of him.

"No...I was just really upset after hearing some awful things about myself"

"Ohh...is it because of what Hoseok said to you about being heartless?"

Taehyung scoffed. "This isn't the first time. Everyone knows that. You can never be serious with anyone. You can never commit... you're just a play boy" he said with a nonchalant expression.

Jimin's heart sank further upon hearing those words straight from Taehyung's own mouth. The latter continued. "That shouldn't bother you at all..."

"You're right. It shouldn't bother me...." Jimin whispered in a soulless voice. He looked up and stared at Taehyung for such a long time, it was starting to get awkward. Finally, he spoke "But this time, it bothered me...I don't know why but it did... especially when you looked at me with those eyes..."