Nine

Jiyeon didn't return to her apartment that night and she didn't pick up her phone when he called her that morning.

Taehyung had no choice but to leave since he had to attend his selective course scheduled for this morning and at the same time, submit Miss Seol's assignment. He locked up her apartment and placed the key back under the floor mat.

That morning, as he strolled through the street heading towards campus, he started to laugh at himself. What on Earth did he think he was doing? It was becoming clear to him what was happening between him and Jiyeon but he didn't want to admit it. He had invested so much emotional energy on her. He had poured all his hopes and dreams on her. He had wasted so much time planning a future with her. He didn't want his efforts to go to waste. He didn't want to give up on her, not at all.

He arrived back at the dorm, took a shower and dressed. His fashion sense had changed now and he had become quite a hot item. He received quite a number of flirtations from admirers but he was too focused on Jiyeon to notice anyone else. If it wasn't her, it couldn't be anyone else.

He noticed Jungkook wasn't in the room. It seemed he didn't return from that party with Jimin. He was beginning to feel a little scared for his friend and decided that when he gets to school and sees Jimin, he would ask him about Jungkook's whereabouts.

It didn't take him long to arrive at the school. The course was selective and Jimin was also taking it as well. The lecturer hadn't arrived yet to teach so he still had some few minutes to talk to Jimin. He spotted him at the back of the hall as usual rubbing his fore head. His skin looked pale and he seemed weak and tired.

Taehyung waved his hands at him and when Jimin saw him, his eyes didn't sparkle like it normally does when he sees him. His eyes were just dull like, unfocused.

Taehyung could vaguely feel something was wrong. He slowly approached him and when he was near, sat on the seat beside him.

"You look like you had a terrible night" Taehyung started.

Jimin scoffed. "Tell me about it. I had one too many drinks last night so my head's killing me" he groaned.

Taehyung sighed. "I hope you took medicine"

Jimin simply grunted. Taehyung shook his head as he suddenly remembered Jungkook.

"Do you know where Jungkook is? He didn't return from that party last night"

Jimin's eyes widened. "Really? I thought he should be home"

Taehyung's heart sank but then a familiar figure strolled in. Jungkook entered with a beam on his face. Jungkook saw him and grinned making Taehyung want to smack that grin right off his face. As soon as he sat down beside him, Taehyung began the interrogation.

"Why didn't you come home last night?"

Jungkook scoffed. "What are you? My mother?"

Taehyung froze. Jungkook continued. "I figured you wouldn't be returning to the dorm and Yoongi offered that I spend the night at his father's hotel...."

"Hotel?" Taehyung raged, his eyebrows shaking tremendously.

"Yoongi took you to a hotel!!!" He swallowed hard. "How far did you two go?"

Jungkook burst into laughter. "Yah... Taehyung, you have an overactive imagination. What makes you think that we did something simply because we went to a hotel?"

"Then what were you doing in a hotel?"

Jungkook scoffed. "Just to chill!"

"Just to chill? And you expect me to believe that? I've told you, Yoongi is a bad influence. He isn't good for you. It's best to avoid him..."