Twelve

Taehyung wandered to the front of the dorm. There was a small garden in front of the building and since it was quite late in the night, there was hardly anyone passing by.

Taehyung found his way to a bench and sat down there staring into the night sky. The alcohol was slowly clearing away from his system as he sat down in a numb state. He didn't feel anything at that moment. All he felt was the cold air sorrounding him. He didn't know how long he sat there looking into space when he felt a presence beside him.

He turned and saw Jimin sitting down on the bench. He had a firm look on his face as he held out a canned beer to him.

"I know you're somewhat drunk but one more won't hurt" He  said without looking at him.

Taehyung took the canned beer slowly. 

Jimin wasn't smiling and he looked like he didn't want to be here. Seeing this, Taehyung gulped.

"Thanks Jimin... you didn't have to come out here. Suzy...." He swallowed hard feeling strangely uneasy from the previous scene he just witnessed "must be waiting for you"

"She's not. I sent her away" Jimin said dryly.

Taehyung widened his eyes at him. "But....why?"

Jimin frowned at him. "Do i have to explain my reason to you?"

Taehyung cowered. " Sorry...."

There was silence for quite a while. No one was ready to break the ice first. Taehyung was very uncomfortable so he opened his canned beer and took a sip. Jimin did the same just to pass away the time that seemed like it was passing by really slowly.

Finally, Taehyung spoke.

"I was wrong...."

Jimin gazed at him.

"Jiyeon wasn't the one"

He laughed sarcastically to himself "Ever since we started going out, i knew something was different. I thought i was going to be happy and content with her but it felt like i was only forcing myself to feel things for her. I didn't want to admit the truth to myself"

His hands shook. "You were right the whole time. She was only using me. She was actually selling herself for money and was even engaged to one of her regular customers"

He trembled "I know i have no right to apologize to you right now. I really messed up and if you refuse my apology, then i won't blame you but I want you to know...."

He looked at Jimin, hoping he could feel his sincerity from his eyes. "That I'm really sorry. I'm so ashamed of what I did to you. Even when the truth was right in front of me, I preferred to live in denial and as a result, I hurt you...please forgive me"

Jimin said nothing but after a while, he sighed. "It's fine Tae. What kind of a friend will I be if I don't forgive you? I admit that I was hurt but I also had a hand to play in almost destroying our friendship. I should have been more patient with you and made you see reason by showing you proof but instead, i let my anger get the best of me. I'm sorry too..."

Taehyung shook his head. "No...I should be the one saying sorry..."

"I should be saying sorry too..."

"No you shouldn't. I acted like a brat. I was stupid and blind to my emotions so I should be the one to take the blame not you so please accept my apology..."

"No I..."

"Jiminah...."

Jimin chuckled and Taehyung felt the tension reduce slightly. Jimin began to laugh and Taehyung felt a throbbing in his chest watching how his eyes contorted into a beautiful smile. It had been so long since he had seen this side of Jimin...in fact, since he had looked closely at his face and he realized something. He missed it. He missed him.