Four

Jungkook frowned hitting Taehyung squarely on the arm as he laid down resolutely on the bed.

"Come on, get up!" He complained. Jimin had long texted them the address to the club but it had been twenty minutes since then.

After a lot of troubling from Jungkook, Taehyung stood up and glared at his friend.

"I'm quite disappointed in you Jungkook. Do you think I don't know why you urgently want to go to that party?" He said narrowing his eyes at him.

The latter blushed furiously. "I don't understand what you are talking about"

Taehyung scoffed. "I don't want to ruin your fantasy but I have to tell you the truth. Your Yoongi hyung isn't as wonderful as you think"

A displeased look appeared on Jungkook's handsome face.

"What are you talking about? He speaks well. He is the department president...."

Taehyung nodded his head carelessly "Yeah yeah yeah, he's all that but from what I know, he's a thug. A very ruthless thug from Gangnam known as August D. Do you even know how he became student president?"

Jungkook stubbornly glared at the other. "You're lying. How did you know all these? You're just a sophomore like me?"

"Before coming here, I made sure to know everyone that matters in school. It's something I normally do before entering into a new environment. Before now, all I knew about Yoongi was that he was the student president. That was until that day...."

Jungkook's face lit up with interest.

"Until what day?"

Taehyung smiled, happy to gain his friend's interest. Maybe like this, he could stop him from falling further into the rabbit hole.

"I went to Gangnam to purchase a handbook. The book store there was the only place I could get it. But on getting there, I stopped at an alley and was just about to cross over when I heard the loud voices of people. I rushed over to where those voices were coming from only to discover your precious Yoongi hyung standing amidst a group of hoodlums holding sticks and clubs against an innocent looking man"

Taehyung grinned watching the changing expressions on Jungkook's face as he continued. "He's the son of a gang leader who's also a debt collector. At first, I didn't recognize Yoongi but I don't forget faces easily so I immediately remembered who he was"

"I don't believe you..." Jungkook whispered with a fallen face.

Taehyung sighed. "You have to Kookie. You don't really know him but I saw first hand how cruel he was to that man simply because of a debt"

Jungkook lowered his head and Taehyung rubbed his shoulder gently. "It will be best for us not to get entangled with these kinds of people. They will only make things hard for us to accomplish our dreams"

Jungkook stared at him. "But you're getting involved with Jimin..."

"Yeah, for the time being. Just so, he can help me win over Jiyeon. After that, we'll go our separate ways"

Jungkook shook his head. "Don't you think that's a selfish thing to do?"

He sighed. "Jimin seems to really like you. He treasures being your friend...a lot. Aren't you acting a bit mean?"

Taehyung inhaled deeply. "You don't know the history between me and Jimin. Apart from being a bad boy who is capable of ruining my plans.... he's the only one that knows....the real me!"

Taehyung became unusually quiet. His breath shallow and his eyes grew distant. He continued in a barely audible voice.

"But...I promised my parents that I would be good...that I would do everything they wanted"