+ 21 : He who silently loved +

"Childe you absolute idiot!" (Y/n) scowled while getting in Childe's car, taking the seat beside the driver's.

It was about 7 in the evening. After the recent short moment of bonding the girl, her boyfriend, and mother had- Childe suddenly came to her apartment to take (y/n) on a date. Or so she thought it was.

"If my mom wasn't as nice as she was we would've already met the reaper!" The girl continued as Childe simply chuckled at her dismayed state.

"(Y/n)! You look lovely this evening!" A certain eyepath boy greeted, sitting in the second row of the car.

"Kaeya? What are you doing here?"

"I decided to come along with Childe."

(Y/n) gave Kaeya and Childe a puzzled look before putting her seatbelt on. "Childe, mind explaining all this?"

"I'm picking up Scaramouche from the airport today and Kaeya wanted to come meet him too." Childe replied briefly.

"But that isn't what you told me over the phone." (Y/n) sounded disappointed. Not that she disliked Kaeya, and this other male she was about to meet, but she was expecting to have time with Childe to herself.

"You don't want me here?" Kaeya was frowning.

"I-it's not that. Anyways lets just go, we don't want to keep Childe's friend waiting."

"Ah let me warn you two. Scaramouche may come off as a bit overbearing and intimidating at first but he's nice... Maybe." Childe said before driving off to their destination.

--- 

Kaeya's mind drifted off into the gloomy clouds of coming night. Him being present to 'Meet Scaramouche' was simply just an excuse for him to spend extra time with (Y/n) even if it meant Childe was around.

He was soon to quit his job at the velvet café, and leave the country with Diluc to continue their studies abroad. First and foremost he wanted to cherish his time with his friends and find closure with the girl who he somewhat had a crush on for a while now. But he never came around to confessing since he cared about his friendship with Childe.

The car soon comes to a stop as the Childe parks it nearby the pick up area. After (Y/n) constantly reminded him to park properly over and over even before they arrived at the airport, the male did so.

"You two can wait in here while I go get Scaramouche." He tells the two, then narrows his eyes at Kaeya. "I trust you won't try anything funny."

"Come on Childe, have more faith in your good friend." Kaeya responds.

To Childe, his friend that waltzed around wearing and eyepatch and having equal pride with him always spoke so implausibly. But that's what made Kaeya the person he is, if he were to act any different then he'd feel truly concerned.

"Alright then." The orange haired male sighed. Once he left to pick up Scaramouche, Kaeya was looking for words to explain his jumbled feelings to (Y/n).

"(Y/n)..."

"Yo, Kaeya."

"You're very fond of Childe."

"Well I guess so, he's my boyfriend after all." (Y/n) laughed awkwardly. "Is there something wrong? Is something happening to Childe that I don't know about?" She paused to think of possibilities.

"No-"

"Could it be he's terminally ill?!"

"No it's not that." Kaeya sighed. "It doesn't have anything to do with Childe, I guess."

It was very unusual to see the proud fabulous eyepath boy sound so solemn. (Y/n) thought that a joke would lighten the mood but it felt like things worstened. "Hey if there's something bothering you, you can just tell me. I understand if it's difficult to say, I know it's hard to open up but it won't help to beat around the bush."

"I didn't know you were the counselor type." Kaeya brushed away a stray strand of his hair. "Say, (y/n). How would you confess to someone whose already taken?"

"Why would I confess to someone whose already taken?"

The male opened his mouth but no words came out.

"Wait no I didn't mean to make you feel worst." (Y/n) quickly apologizes. "Honestly I don't think confessing to someone who is already dating a good idea. But if I were to do so, I'd just tell them how I feel. Like you know, the usual, simple way of confessing?"

"Simple way of confessing? Usual?"

(Y/n) sighed. "Of course. You've never confessed before have you? You and your pride. Just like Childe."

"But he was able to confess." Kaeya sounded bitter.

"Ahaha..." Awkwardly recalling the time Childe forcefully asked her out, (Y/n) turned to look outside the window. "It won't do you any good to sulk about it now. Whoever the person is, you either just tell them or move on."

"(Y/n)."

"I'm giving you the best advice I have okay?"

"I'm going to stop working at the velvet café and leave the country this month."

"Wait what?!" (Y/n) gasped. "And you were asking me about love advice?"

"Which is why I want to tell you that I... find you interesting."

"Interesting? Thanks..." She wondered whether it was meant as a compliment or an insult. "What does that have to do with what we are talking about though?"

"I confessed." Kaeya was visibly confused.

"You called me interesting?"

"Because you are. It's rare for the fabulous me to find a maiden interesting."

"Now that sounds more like you."

"How nice of you to be confessing to my girlfriend." The door by the driver's seat swings open and Childe stands there with a shorter male that had navy blue hair and dark blue eyes that lit up like the moon.

"That one is your girlfriend? Hmm. Maybe I'll steal her to piss you off. Nice to meet you two, I'm Scaramouche."

+ He who silently loved +