+ 38 : In search of destiny +

"Back to reality I suppose." (Y/n) could feel the kind of boredom Barbara felt just standing behind a cash register handling money all day. Because the girl in question stayed home with a cold, (y/n) took over her duties for the day.

"I'm always reminded of reality when I open my wallet." Zhongli spoke absent mindedly, then turned to Childe. "Can you lend me some money again?"

"What do you even spend all your money on? How do you even live everyday when you're always broke?" (Y/n) asked.

"I have another friend that usually keeps track of what I need to pay for rent and food. She makes me set aside money for that."

"Oooh, sounds like a good person to be setting aside their time to help you out."

"Ningguang, Zhongli's friend that goes years back. Rich but not as rich as me." Childe smiled proudly.

"Are you two going to go serve the customers or what? Noelle is tiring herself out there!" Diona scolded the two waiters that were bantering over money again.

"My apologies." Zhongli quickly returned to his duties, so did Childe.

"Hmm, have you grown tired of my songs already?" The bard that stood by (y/n) with his lyre asked while the girl stood waiting for something to happen. Although it always made her anxious knowing anything could happen when you're working and dealing with so many people each day.

"Not at all, why would you ask that Venti?"

"Because you're pouting. I want my music to make you smile."

(Y/n) paused to look at the boy for a moment. Whether he was giving puppy eyes or grinning he always held an adorable appeal that made anyone want to protect him. "You should continue playing your music then." She smiled.

---

The fleeting hours passed, it wasn't so bad standing around and trying not to mess up with change. (Y/n) much prefered that than messing up with the food that would get served.

Before closing there was one last peculiar person to enter the café. Blonde hair and rich blue eyes, and a mask that covered half his face. It instantly reminded (Y/n) of Kaeya and his eyepatch. He went straight to a vacant table and took his seat, not ordering anything.

"Should we say something to the customer? We're going to close up soon."  (Y/n) whispered to Venti.

"Yeah, just notify him that we're closing up soon I guess." Venti suggested. (Y/n) was reluctant to walk up to the customer who sat soundly staring outside.

"Hello! We're going to be closing up soon, if you'd like anything to order It'd be a good time to do so."

The blonde refused to respond, a minute passed, the girl still standing there awkwardly hoping he'd say something.

"I felt... As if I'd find something here. I don't know what I'm looking for, but as I was walking down the streets and passed by this shop I felt something nostalgic." He finally spoke. "I go by Dainsleif."

"Ahh, I go by (Y/n)!"

She glanced towards Venti for a brief moment, not knowing what to do or say. The boy with his adorable appeal gave her a thumbs up and smiled.

"For cash and three questions I can help you find your destiny. I do commissions all related to destiny for I feel it would help me find mine as well. And remember the vague past I have forgotten." Dainsleif continued to speak.

(Y/n) already got the enigmatic atmosphere he gave off as he entered the café, but now it just felt like he was nonsensical. "C-commissions to find one's destiny huh? I'll... consider. And uhm, are you going to order anything?"

"No, I think I have done what I needed to do here. I'll be on my way now." The mysterious man got up and left the café. (Y/n) stood there, confused in many ways.

But he gave off the feeling that they'd meet again. After all he did say he was taking commissions but never handed a card or anything with his information.

"But still. What kind of commission is helping one find their destiny supposed to be?" She frowned, watching the customer walk away till he couldn't be seen any longer.

"If your job was always out here, you'd be seeing all sorts of weird people each day." Childe came up to his girlfriend. "That one really reminds me of Kaeya though."

"That's what I was thinking. It kind of makes me miss him."

"Hmmm." He turned away from (Y/n). "I heard from Zhongli back when I left, you've been pretty chummy with that eyepatch man."

"Whose fault was it for leaving the country?" The girl crossed her arms.

"Now is not the time for you two to be arguing! It's about time to close up so start cleaning the tables!" Diona scolded and the two heaved a sigh.

---

"Xiangling, (Y/n), I have a confession to make!" Noelle looked guilty. The entire day she's been spacing out and everyone just assumed it was because Barbara wasn't present.

The three girls were in the locker room, the lavender haired employee could no longer bare keeping what has been bugging her.

"What is it Noelle?" Xiangling asked.

"I'm... I'm the reason Barbara didn't come to work today."

"Why's that?" (Y/n)'s interest was piqued and she started keenly listening to the discussion. It was tempting to decide what game she was going to play once she got home, but the tea between Barbara and Noelle was much more valuable.

"Barbara confessed her love to me on a call last night and I didn't respond."

"Oh no that's not good!" Xiangling frowned. "Even today, you haven't said anything to her yet?"

"I felt very happy, I feel the same way. Barbara always tells me how much she loved me but this time she said it was a different type of love. Even today, I haven't responded to her yet." Noelle was looking flustered, her face reddening while she spoke. "I-if I tell her I love her back the same way what will happen then? If we start dating will I even be a good girlfriend?"

"You can worry about that together, there's no perfect relationship. Tell her you feel the same." (Y/n) gave her advice. Deep inside she wanted to squeel gibberish, feeling happy for the two. "Goodluck, Noelle!"

   + in search of destiny +