+ 6 : Strawberry Cake +

"Eey, cutie!" Childe stood leaning by the doorframe. "Someone ordered a whole strawberry cake. They left and said they'll come back for it later. You can bake right? Right?"

A chill was sent down (y/n)'s spine. Xiangling again wasn't present, so the girl had no choice but to do it herself. "O-of course!"

"You suck at lying." He exhales and approaches (y/n). "I may not look like it, but I'm very skilled in the art of baking!" He chuckles proudly. "If my sweetest (y/n) approves of it, then I can take charge and you can be my assistant!"

(Y/n) gave him an annoyed look before hesitantly agreeing. It was better to accept his help than to bring herself and this café shame.

The two hassled to gather the ingredients and things needed to bake the cake. "(Y/n) you can do the batter. Just mix all of those ingredients into a bowl, and I'll prepare the icing." Childe instructed. "Oh and make sure to put the right amounts."

'huh, he actually knows what he's doing...' the girl was somewhat suprised. Following what Childe instructed her to do, she first put the dry ingredients, mixing them. Then the rest like eggs and butter. To get better mixture, (y/n) took out the electric mixer.

Baking with the usually mount Everest sized ego male was peaceful. (Y/n) had expected him to be flaunting his skills or whatever. Perhaps teasing her, but he was silent and focused on making the icecream. Occasionally whistling tunes.

"You done with the batter, (y/n)?" Childe asked her, and she nodded her head. Looking down at the pink colored batter she had made.

It wasn't her first time baking, but she never did it often. The only times she did was when she was at her friends places.

"Ahh, that looks great. Lets put it in a cake pan for it to bake. The icing will go to the fridge for now." He lifts his hand at pats (y/n)'s head.

The unusually kind behavior sent (y/n) into a state of shock and she just deadpanned him. "Are you sick?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"You're acting so nice. It's creepy!"

The male quickly retracted his hand and scowled at (y/n). "I'm being nice to you for once and you call me creepy!?"

"I'm not used to it!"

Childe pouts and turns away from (y/n). He takes the icing he made and puts it into the fridge while the girl goes and grabs the cake pan.

She sets it down and cuts a tiny piece of melting butter she left to the side, placing it onto the pan with a fork and sliding it around. Just so the cake wouldn't end up sticking to the pan. After that, she poured the batter and put the cake into the oven.

"35 minutes should do the trick." Childe sets the timer. "Till then, I should probably return to my waiter duties. Baizhu is going to scold me again." He said sulkingly. "Call me over when it's done baking (y/n)!"

"Sure..."

---

35 minutes later, when the cake was finished baking and (y/n) took it out of the oven. She set it on the counter to cool and called Childe back to the kitchen.

"It's time for my favorite part. The icing!" He said with a smile on his face, taking the icing out of the fridge. While the cake was a light pink, the icing was white. (Y/n) took out the piping bag for him and helped get the icing into the piping bag so that they could begin.

"Oh, you might want to get the cake onto a plate for us to put the icing."

"Right! Right..." The girl responded in a slightly panicking manner. Since earlier her head has been in the clouds. Childe acting so calmly was not helping.

(Y/n) brought out a large plate and carefully took the cake out of the cake pan. Her quiet companion silently watching her do so. His eyes watched her every movement like an eagle.

When she was done with that, the two could now start.

"Let me demonstrate!" Childe took the piping bag and started pressing on it to get the icing onto the cake. The entire top of the cake was to be filled with icing, then decorated with a few strawberries.

It was like putting little dots on the cake, one by one till it covered have the area. "Do you want to do the rest (y/n) he offers."

"If you don't mind the icing look uneven." She averts her gaze from Childe and the cake. Past memories of her icing mishaps cross her mind. The piping bag hated her, and so did her hands.

Childe let out a small laugh, and continued with the icing. "I'll let you put the strawberries then."

From where (y/n) stood, watching Childe so focused and calm while making a cake- or just simply seeing him baking had the essence of husband material. Part of her wanted to slap herself for even thinking of that. For what does she know, he might even already have a girlfriend and she doesn't know about it.

"I barely know him at all..." She mumbled in a low voice.

"Did you say something cutie?" Childe finally finished with the icing and put the piping bag down.

"No, nothing. Also what's with you calling me cutie?"

"You don't like it?"

"If you have a girlfriend I don't think she'd be ok with you saying that to other girls." (Y/n) bit her lip. 'this is awkward.'

"Me? Having a girlfriend?" He bursted out laughing. "She'd probably run away after she sees my basement!"

"What-" the girl pauses to think. For a while, she couldn't figure out what would be in Childe's basement, until she tried to think as if she were Childe. "Per...vert." she gave him and condemning look.

"How can you be so sure it has perverted things?" He stopped laughing and leered at her. "I think (y/n) is the perverted one for imagining such things in my basement."

"You!" (Y/n) wanted to grab the entire oven and smash Childe with it. "Lets just get this over with! I'll go get the strawberries."

"On a serious note though. I don't have any girlfriend." Childe looked at (y/n) dead seriously.

"Poor you then. I've got a boyfriend."

"What?!" He slammed one hand on the counter.

"Too bad he isn't real. Fictional. Ah. The pain." Ignoring the priceless facial reactions Childe was giving her, (y/n) went to get the strawberries and placed them on top of the cake.

"You tease." He said with a heavy voice, and piercing eyes. "One day I'll take you to my basement as punishment for all the times you teased me."

"Uhmm... Excuse me what?" (Y/n) backed away from him in confusion. "Baizhu! Bring the snake!"

+ strawberry cake +