+ 47 : Say yes +

A silver ring with a tiny ruby embedded onto it was in front of (Y/n)'s field of vision. Placed in a tiny box, stuck in between a velvet cushion.

Everyone watched, some silent, some squeeling, and (Y/n)'s mom was tearing up.

"C-childe are you serious?!" She quickly wiped her tear soiled cheeks with her hands. "I only just finished highschool and you still have college!"

"The wedding doesn't have to be soon, silly. But there's no one else I want to be with. I've long since been sure the person I wanted to be marry and spend my life with is you."

"I feel the same way." She started crying again.

"Oh shoot we forgot. Venti, the lyre!" Barbara whispered to the bard.

Venti started playing a soft melody, setting the magical atmosphere for the moment.

Childe took a deep breath, gathering up the courage to ask for his beloved's hand. She stood there waiting for him, tears collectively dripping onto her shirt, unable to think straight. Nothing in her life ever felt this overwhelming.

"(Y/n), will you marry me?" The orange haired male finally asked after swallowing his anxiety.

The few seconds started to feel like the longest few seconds of his life, waiting for his crying girlfriend to respond.

"Yes! Yes I will." She started giggling in between sobs. Childe stood up to hug her and everyone was cheering.

"Ah. I lost to a carrot head." Lumine sighed, but she was happy for her friend. Everyone was.

"It's alright sis, that lady over there seems interested in you." Aether pointed at Lisa who stood with a glass of wine in her hand, waving at him and Lumine.

When everyone had calmed down a bit, Childe put slid the ring onto his fiancée's ring finger and kissed fingertips.

"You even got my dad's permission, how did you do it?" (Y/n) asked.

"It wasn't too difficult actually. Your dad didn't seem to want to upset you anymore than he did last time. He told me to do what I wanted as long as I kept you happy."

"(Y/n), my child." Her mother walked up to her. And her puffy eyes looked at the young lady. For a split second she saw the little girl (Y/n) once was, who would run up to her with a smile on her face, rambling about her achievements in school. "I've always been so proud of you. I didn't care much about your grades as long as you'd have a safe and happy feature." She hugged her daughter.

"Mom, you're going to make me start crying again." (Y/n) laughed lightly and bit her lip afterwards. Proud. The words she so longed to hear from her parents.

"This is making me emotional too." Barbara commented and Noelle nodded in agreement.

"Uwaah (Y/n) is going to get married already and I'm still single." Amber was crying into her hands.

Venti continued playing music, Xinyan, Dainsleif, Bennett, and Baizhu watched everyone with a warm smile. Qiqi was sipping coconut milk, Diona was glaring at the bottles of wine, and the last two males Zhongli and Scaramouche were hiding their teary faces, not wanting others to see them getting emotional.

"Maybe disregarding my studies was a good thing. I probably wouldn't have met you if I didn't get myself kicked out." (Y/n) told Childe after the soft moment with her mom. "Oh but disclaimer, don't do what I did and still work hard in your studies." She told the rest, referring to the guests that were still in school.

"I think we'd still meet even if we were born in two different eras." Her fiancé replied.

"Yeah totally. If I was born in the 1800s you might as well be marrying my ghost right now." She rolled her eyes and everyone was laughing.

"Oooh wait I almost forgot again!" The blonde with pigtails spoke up and took out her phone. "Pictures! We'll take a few of just the two of you and then the group photos to commemorate this day!"

She moved to a good position to take a few photos of the couple. Their smiles in the photo radiant, Childe holding (Y/n) in his arms from a back hug.

Afterwards they all got together as a group. (Y/n)'s mom had persuaded her dad to return inside for just the group photo. Though it was awkward, she set aside her spite towards her dad as the timer went down and the picture was taken.

It all started at Velvet Café. She looked around to see all the friends she made the past years. The friends that helped her figure out what she wanted to do with life, and the man she was sure she wanted to be with.

+ say yes +