+ 45 : A brief visit +

Tiny bells hung up on the door made  a small chime, the sound all too nostalgic to (Y/n). Greeted by the same faces and a few unfamiliar ones, she came by the Velvet Café with Xiao and Childe.

"(Y/n)!" Noelle and Barbara rushed over to the girl and they group hugged.

"Good to see you all again! School has been busy so I couldn't come by earlier."

"That's alright, we understand!" Noelle smiled. A strand of her lavender hair fell onto her face and was brushed to the side by Barbara.

"(Y/n) and the quiet guy who is good at FPS games hello!" Venti too rushed over to them abandoning his station. (Y/n) was surprised to see Diona still around despite saying she'd only work temporarily.

"I keep getting left out." Childe said dramatically.

"I'll never leave you out." A familiar deep voice spoke and sent a shiver down the orange haired male's spine.

"Z-zhongli!"

"I need to continue working now though. Have to work hard and get that raise or I might just have to start and only fans." Zhongli laughed awkwardly and Childe stared in confusion.

"Where...- Where did you learn about only fans?"

"I learned about a lot of things on social media. They were interesting. Oh and Barbara even taught me a cute pose when taking pictures." He proceeded to do the peace sign with a smile.

"Ahaha yeah that's cool Zhongli now go back to work and get that raise." Childe robotically turned his head away, his eyes looking spooked.

"So who are the newbies?" (Y/n) asked Barbara after Noelle returned to taking orders.

"Well there's Bennett." She pointed at the male behind the counter with ash hair. "He's our cashier now since he was a tad bit too clumsy for what the waiters do. Oh but he's real friendly and positive, everyone is in good spirits thanks to him!

And we have a new little chef to help out Xiangling, her name is Xinyan. She loves playing music too and puts on a few performances every now and then."

"Oh that's great! Sounds like everything is doing even better than when I took my leave. The three of us will go and occupy an empty table now while there still is one, you should get back to work." The young lady took the blonde's two soft hands into her palms, as she looked her in the eye. "You better update me on what's gone on between you and Noelle." She freed Barbara's hands before turning to let her continue working.

The three were finally at the liberty to sit down and order a coffee, deciding to take a seat by the window. Two long cushioned seats which could occupy four were faced in front of each other with a square table at the center. Childe and Xiao sat beside each other and (Y/n) on the seat before them.

"I thought we were going to the café for a nice cup of coffee in a nice peaceful place with nice relaxing atmosphere and nice quiet music." Xiao commented.

A girl came out from the kitchen, brown hair tied up into pigtails with bands that had spikes, a lock of hair in front of her face fiery red and dark skin. In her hands she held a ruan which she strummed showing confidence in her movement. Xiao heaved a heavy sigh and took up the menu to look for something to order.

"And here we are in a mini concert place, greeted by an overwhelming amount of eccentric staff. One even openly speaking about opening an only fans account." He continued to speak, his eyes that were intently scanning through the menu finally came to a halt. "They have almond tofu here? I'll order a serving of almond tofu."

"The tofu is unavailable at the moment!" Xinyan shouted over the sound of her playing the Ruan.

"Ah." The male frowned.

"No need to look so down about it Xiao. There's a lot of other delicious things to order, you don't need to worry about it being undercooked or having eggshells in the food since it isn't (Y/n) cooking it." Childe joked. In response Xiao ignored him and (Y/n) pursed her lips, trying to hold back from a fuming expression.

"Childe. Just wait till I purposely sneak eggshells in everything you eat or drink for the rest of your life." She smiled and reached her arm across the table to pinch his cheek roughly, purposely hurting him.

"Oi oi okay fine, I'll shtowp with the eggshewl jhowksh."

"You always say that!" She pulled her arm away.

"I should've stayed home." Xiao sighed once more.

+ a brief visit +